1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Which bulb??

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by n3985, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Offline

n3985 New Member

Message Count:
    Do you have a pic of the MTECs at night? I want to see how "white" they really are...or not. Thanks
  2. Offline

Misterio Guest

Message Count:
    Which bulb??

Hey guys ... just wondering what kinda headlight bulbs you guys are using?? I'm planning on buying some this weekend, but dunno what kinda to get ... what do you think ... sylvania silverstars, Noyka Arctic white, others, or just keep them stock?? thanks in advance
  3. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    many ppl suggest sylvania silverstars if u want to see better... there is a new GE Nighthawk that should be as good as silverstar... if u want color... i got right now on my car MTEC and it works good for me 4,350K used for 2yrs still not blown or loose color yet... but if u hav the $$ go HID conversion...
  4. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    sylvania silverstars
  5. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    i have the phillips blue vision in both my high and low, thier deffinetly brighter than stock but i have compared them to silverstars and they are deffinetly brighter(the silverstars)
  6. Offline

Killercocopuff New Member

Message Count:
    I have the Nokyas and i'm happy with them there artic white so theres very minimal blue in light
  7. Offline

jayjay_rolla95 Guest

Message Count:
    one word, Koba....
  8. Offline

sddynamix Taybo Masta

Message Count:
    there's been a lot of discussion about this before. From what I recall, Philips makes a bulb called Vision Plus that are supposedly 50% brighter than stock bulbs, running 55/65w. I've never personally owned a pair, the only ones I could find online shipped from Europe.

Sylvania Silverstars are probably gonna be the best you can do locally, any aftermarket ricerblue bulb will give you less output than a plain, clear yellow halogen cuz its simply a halogen with filter for blue light, so you're not getting the full spectrum w/those. Not to mention they last about a good 3 months (at least all of mine did anyway). If you're serious about lighting, i'd think about investing in an HID retrofit (projector lenses and all, not just the aftermarket bulbs+ballasts cuz they have poor light output/blind everyone).

I just did mine, pics below:

http://noh.ucsd.edu/~sjyu/cam/retro1.jpg
    http://noh.ucsd.edu/~sjyu/cam/retro2.jpg
    http://noh.ucsd.edu/~sjyu/cam/retro3.jpg
  9. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    my rolla w/ MTEC
    [IMG]
    [IMG]