1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Where would u.......

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Where would u.......

Where would u choose to stay for ur retirement?? EX: Jamaica or bahamas or u kno places like that.... Mine would have to be back in my home country, I'd stay on Cartagena and man I'd party 24/7 lol... :cool:
  2. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Move back home, in my mothers house... and retire there, lots of land, semi-quiet place, and cheap to live... what more could a retiree ask for?
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Yea those are the advantages of livin somewhere else but here (except where)....like where I want to go to live is so cheap and man u get great houses with a killer view to the ocean and great fun too.... it's really calm...love it.
  4. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    this'll probly sound strange but I'd move home to NY city just because I love it so much there
  5. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I guess after a while u get used to the city and noise and what not but well I dk most foreign ppl would love to b back home u kno... like me....I haven't been back home in like 7 yrs it's not even koo nemore... to which part of the NY would u move into???
  6. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    I was rased in manhattan but probly queens because there are actually houses there. I get tired of apartment living fairly quickly. I have only ever realy liven in one place for like 2 years at the most
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    apartments suck!!!! lol do u live in the apartment complex right behind bennigans(the bentley? or do u live on those houses close to the southergables church???
  8. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    over in san fransisco west down the street from all the horse farms
  9. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    my nehborhood smells like horse
  10. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    oh okay so u live more towards Kipling than wads.... there are lots of farms around there.... lol I can't stand the smell when I go around there most of the time...
  11. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    yeah kinda near bear creek HS I hate the traffic at like 2:00- 3
  12. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea hehehe that's where I used to go to school...
  13. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    The country somewhere quiet and seculded
  14. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
  15. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    either just south of Toledo, Spain...or near the Saguaro National Park in AZ
  16. Offline

zeroexp02 Banned

Message Count:
    back in maryland somewhere around annapolis w/ 15 acres of seclusion
  17. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    i'm gonna build a compound on 100 acres and turn nuts and barracade myself in my house with lots of guns and 10yrs of food supplies...

uhh jk...

however the 100 acres in the middle of nowhere is kinda appealing. :)
  18. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    I'd probably stay in FL..
  19. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    you know i've often wondered that about floridians... everyone retires to florida - but what about people who already live there? do they retire elsewhere? (exception you) *ponder* hehe
  20. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    U have a good point T... even though my thought is that they maybe retire like Costa Rica or even Mexico since most of the ppl that CAN retire in Florida are old farts wit lots of cash so they prolly retire to a good tropical country u kno... damn rich ppl... lol
  21. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    I'll retire to my underground nuclear bunker, complete with 20 years worth of hot pockets and DVDs :p

But if I can't do that, then I'll retire to the moon under government subsidy.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind retiring to Germany, though it'd be an expensive move (and an expensive place to live). In all reality I may not leave AZ though...
  22. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    My life goal is to finish off the rest of my days at either one of these following places. Ive actually starting thinking about this years ago, but it was more in the form of places that I would like to visit instead of retirement. I use to have a bunch of other places listed in my head but ive narrowed them down over time to these...

-Maldive Islands, Indian Ocean
    -Fiji Islands, South Pacific Ocean
    -Tahiti Islands, South Pacific Ocean
    -Pompei, Italy
    -Caymen Islands, Caribbean Sea
    -Rio de Janiero, Brazil
    -Auckland, New Zealand
    -Sydney, Austrailia
    -Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    -Cape Town, South Africa

As for this quote:
    Yea, I know what youre talking about. Im from the Philippines and came here when I was 3. Ive been back before and id love to go back....but its just not the best place to retire. There is so much smog and pollution there because the islands are so overpopulated, no room to expand (not even enough room to widen the roads cuz the houses are right along the roads), no emissions control, traffic everywhere at all times of the day and night, its too crazy and hectic for the lifestyle that id like to live, but if you get away from all that then its probably the most liveliest place ive ever been to....nonetheless, id still like to continue to go back to visit...
  23. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    shit i wouldnt mind rio de janeiro myself,

as for my retiring destination i dont fuckin know, i dont like thinking about my final days....
  24. Offline

ladii rOlla New Member

Message Count:
    i would go to bora bora .. chillin chillin on that beautiful clear blue water, on my condo on the water .. (literally) .. raw ass life style. I wish i could retire like at 20.
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    you want beautiful clear blue water, consider some places in my last post.....maldive islands, did u know the tallest point of land there is only 1 foot above sea level and the only way to get there is either by boat or private jet.....fiji islands, just awesome.....rio, party 24/7 and awesome all the time...pompei, look up some pictures of it and you'll be obsessed with it....my favorite school subject in highschool and even in college is geography so i know about all of these places and some...
  26. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    I'll almost definitely be able to afford somewhere else, though..so I have no idea. :p
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Yea, ive kinda wondered that too before....dont the people who live in warmer climates tend to move to places of cooler climates and vice versa??....i think i saw that in a study somewhere....that sounds legit tho doesnt it...i mean if they lived in florida all their life with constant humidity and constant 80s-90s year around, it would almost make sense to want to move to a climate of contrast n get away from all the humidity and heat....ive talked to people online from florida b4 and alot of them wouldnt mind seeing a little bit of snow or wearing a jacket in Colorado.....personally if i lived there, i would want to stay in warmer climates...
  28. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    ive lived in both climates,(Jersey) and (florida), personally i like the changing of the season, people complain about the cold but ive noticed its hotter up in jersey than it is here during summer,

you get used to i guess, it could be snowing and 30 degrees out i still wouldnt feel restricted