1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Where to buy dash covers?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Netstorm, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Offline

Netstorm Guest

Message Count:
    Where to buy dash covers?

I want to protect my dash in the front and back and would like to order some covers, but would like them to look good not the old people carpet ones. if anyone knows where i can get some please let me know.
  2. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    What is wrong with the old people carpet??? I have the Velour dash covers. Like it's velour and not carpet. The velour doesn't look too bad. some people says its nice (but then again, i think they just said it b/c their my friends and don't want to hurt my feelings). But u can type in "dashboard covers" on the search engines and pick a site u want to buy it from. But with that cover, i have one less area to dust and clean. I like it.
  3. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    try the dealership
  4. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    The dealership will rip you off!! i went to the dealership and asked about it and they say it's gonna cost about like 75 or so. Then i went online and found them for like $30. so don't go to the dealership.
  5. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    75 sounds about right from the dealer..
    is the one you found for 30 bucks oem fit?
  6. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, it fits. It's not deformed or anything. Like it's customed made to fit your car. Of course the cutting is not completely perfect. But they fit. they come with sticky velcro to help it stay on your dashboard.
  7. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Entering "dashboard covers" on Google yielded 96,500 hits.
  8. Offline

gigmancool Guest

Message Count:
    I'd personally use a Meguiars interior foam to protect the plastic parts of the dash, as far as getting a dash cover, I dunno, it seems a bit Caribbean. I mean take a ride down to Mexico or St.Thomas, its all the rage :)

What you might look into purchasing is the product you put on your windshield and rear glass to block a huge amount of sunight. They look like cardboard covered with aluminum foil. I live in FL and I'm scared of what the sun'll do to the int.