1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

where should i put these emblems on my car?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by dragonfiyah513, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Offline

dragonfiyah513 Guest

Message Count:
    where should i put these emblems on my car?

[IMG]
    [IMG]

i have both of these emblems i'm not to sure where to put them on my car
    i've seen a bunch of people with the trd one on the grill in the right corner u think both of them could go on the grill what would look nice to u guys out there where should i put them or one not the other i'm up for suggestions
  2. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    wherever YOU think looks good... although most people put the trd badge on the front of their altis style grill and the vvti badge on the rear under the passanger tail light... :)
  3. Offline

CorollaAudacity Guest

Message Count:
    yea grill, if you still have the stock grill, then nm. But you could do what that guy did, he relocated his S on his body kit, the front lip, on the side of it. See here topic 1422 , yea i think that should be it. But you know, your choice.
  4. Offline

BizaRRo DereK Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

dragonfiyah513 Guest

Message Count:
    thanx for the ideas and help
  6. Offline

nakanari Guest

Message Count:
    TRD emblem ---> with altis mesh grill
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

(V)erciless Guest

Message Count:
    First does that corolla have anything done to it to even justify that it has the power to wear a TRD badge...now I am not to familiar about the WTI what would that stand for? Please tell me that Corolla has nitrous or turbo or something if not that is like putting a Type-R badge on a Civic DX....
  8. Offline

FC Drifter Guest

Message Count:
    All Corollas have VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence) so it's not a Type R badge or anything of the sort. Basically sort like putting a V-TEC sticker on a Honda.

I dunno why you would want a VVT-i sticker since EVERY 2003+ Corolla has VVT-i. Allmost like putting a Twin Cam sticker on the car...I dunno. I don't get it. But it's your car, do what you want.
  9. Offline

BizaRRo DereK Guest

Message Count:
    ask the honda dealer why they put DOHC or SOHC VTEC on their cars... or why any car company puts the name on the car... Because they damn feel like it, thats why... If i asked for a comment on my VVTI logo i would have posted it... as for the TRD... call up Potampkin Toyota and ask them why they put TRD on the car... they will tell you...
  10. Offline

FC Drifter Guest

Message Count:
    So you felt the need to do what the Toyota wouldn't do and add a VVT-i badge? I don't know why someone would do it. You did it. I asked why and all I got was a rant about Honda. Who cares about Honda, some Civics have V-TEC some do not, hence why Honda would want to badge thier V-TEC cars differently to reflect that. But all 2003+ Corolla have the VVT-i system. In North America of course, we miss out on the diesels here and the 2ZZ-GE that gets offered in the UK Corolla.

BTW, I never said anything about TRD. I don't know if you have any TRD parts or not. It doesn't matter anyways, it's your car, your money, do with it as you wish. I just didn't know the motivation for the VVT-i badge thats all. Is it because...as you put it "You damn feel like it"? Does the real Altis have the VVT-i badge? Is that why, to make it look like a genuine Altis? Enlighten me here. I am not one of those new trolls, I own and drive a 2003 Corolla.
  11. Offline

BizaRRo DereK Guest

Message Count:
    yes the altis has a vvti on it ;)
  12. Offline

dragonfiyah513 Guest

Message Count:
    this topic was about where i should put the emblem not why or why not should i put it anyhow i put them on i put the vvti under the right tail light and put the trd on the front grill
  13. Offline

BizaRRo DereK Guest

Message Count:
    very nice... post a pic up ;)
  14. Offline

FC Drifter Guest

Message Count:
    Welcome to an internet forum where believe it or not, threads sometimes goes off on a tangent and goes off topic a bit. Get used to it.

I second the notion to see some pics.........