1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

what emblem should i get for my grill and trunk

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by FasteddieTRD, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Offline

FasteddieTRD Guest

Message Count:
    what emblem should i get for my grill and trunk

I have a Black rolla with a Black painted altis grill. Should I go with the TRD emblem in the right corner OR should i go with a toyota emblem (either blue, yellow, or white) Opinions wanted, I've been thinking about this for a while. AND are those toyota emblems the same size as the emblem on the trunk, if so I think a white toyota emblem on the grill and on the trunk would look hot!!!

www.cardomain.com/id/eddie782
  2. Offline

drivinfury New Member

Message Count:
    What up Fasteddie...i am going to get the Blue emblems for the front and back....i picked blue because i have blue door inserts. I was also wondering the same thing if these aftermarket emblems are the same size as the OEM ones? Also when we take off the one on the truck there will be two holes, will the new emblems have the same pins on the back so they just pop back into the holes? If not i am just going to use glue or something...what do u think?
  3. Offline

FasteddieTRD Guest

Message Count:
    yo drivinfury I think blue is also a good idea, that's my second choice. I think ill use some very strong 3M tape to apply them to the trunk and the grill. I used that stuff for my tail covers and it's extremely good. The white and blue ones i was looking at are made by OEM so i guess that means they'll fit. You can pick up a pair for like $35. Also, how did u go about making the door inserts? does it pop out or something and u wrapped the material around or did u but something.

also
    I have blue neons under my seats so it would be cool is i kept the theme going with the blue emblems. but i like the contrast with the white, blue or white door inserts would be nice, let me know how u did that man, peace
  4. Offline

drivinfury New Member

Message Count:
    Fasteddie - i never knew Toyota made blue and white emblems :shock: ...where did u see that?...let me know. For the door insert I just followed the door insert DIY. This should help you...http://www.cs.wayne.edu/~w20339/DoorInsertDIY/doorinstdiy.htm...the credit card really comes in handy...lol :D it took me some time to do but at the end you dont care how long it took you :wink: ....Where would i get the 3M tape...is it a special kind?? Also where would i get the OEM Blue emblems from?? - thanks :D
  5. Offline

FasteddieTRD Guest

Message Count:
    hey drivinfury I found the blue and white emblems at racerwheel, this is the link for the pair of white ones http://www.racerwheel.com/rt000900.html and here is the link for the blue ones http://www.racerwheel.com/rt000899.html they are both made by OEM so I guess that's what we are looking for. $35 aint bad for 2 of those. I dont know exactly where to get the 3M tape cuz i got some in a package when i got my neons for under my seats. Id look in a hardware store or maybe a good auto parts store for some strong yet very thin tape. Mine was black and came in little rectangle squares. Good look on the DIY for those door inserts. I'm gonna buy some white silk and do that up. I got an S model and I think that would look good with the dark interior. peace man

www.cardomain.com/id/eddie782
  6. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    watch out when u use silk or satin, if it gets stained, you have to dry clean it to get stains out, you can always get thin fabric like silk but it wont be shiny, so theres ups and downs on the fabrics, but still looks good either way.
  7. Offline

drivinfury New Member

Message Count:
    Here is another site that has Toyota emblems...http://www.rsversion.com/list.asp?CtgID=378...but i dont know if these are made by OEM....plus these are only $16 for the pair...not $35..also there are some indiglow emblems on the site ($18 each)....now those are hot...but they need a source of electric...which will be hard to find in the trunk and grill...i think...let me know what u think...good luck with your door inserts...yeah i think black and white interior would look hot..good job man...