1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

what do u use to wash your corolla??

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by gonzi, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Offline

gonzi Guest

Message Count:
    what do u use to wash your corolla??

i have a new 04 ,black sport. never washed it yet .what is the best thing to use.rags,sponge,etc? .i don't what to get off to a bad start.
    need to baby this baby !!
  2. Offline

kaizen R Guest

Message Count:
    try to use a wash mitt and use car shampoo. this will prevent swirl marks.

also dry with 100% terry towel cloth or micro fiber.
  3. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    I use car soap and wash mit to wash the car... then to dry it off a towel called "The Absorber."
  4. Offline

SolidSnake Guest

Message Count:
    Don't forget the water....I normally buy a truckload of Evian, have it delivered to my house and then wash away....A good wash normally takes about 250 one liter bottles.... :wink:
  5. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Hahaha...too funny. Nothing but the best for the Rolla right. :lol:
  6. Offline

SolidSnake Guest

Message Count:
    But of course, Baby Lex! My Rolla deserves the royal treatment :lol:
  7. Offline

mikecm-s Guest

Message Count:
    What to use

Im a cheap mofo and do my soap, rinse, and wax with 1 dollar at the local wand car wash. LOL, and then wipe the windows down and let the baby sun dry.
  8. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    Meguiar's stuff is incredible. Key thing to remember is NEVER EVER EVER use detergents on your car wash. They will cause oxidation! Anyway, the stuff you use to wash your car is usually not that big of a deal (so long as it does not contain any harsh abrasives and absolutely no detergents). What really matters is how you clean, polish, and wax it. I always go Meguiar's for that. Trust me, after you spend about a full Saturday afternoon detailing your car, it will feel so smooth. And especially since you have a black car, if you use Meguiar's professional products (not their consumer ones), then you will have one of the most gorgeous looking cars anywhere. Only problem is you're more likely to get keyed.... Mine got keyed last week.
  9. Offline

Crazyness Guest

Message Count:
    It sucks to be keyed huh? I got my car keyed like couple of months after i got my car.... sucks sucks man... i hate those damn bitches that key cars... I dont know why they do it.. because i would never key someone's car. I WOULD KICK HIS ASS BUT NEVER KEY HIS CAR!
  10. Offline

Ratbastid Guest

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  11. Offline

Pred Guest

Message Count:
    i use armorall stuff at wal-mart ... mmm armorall ... and toyota brake cleaner lol to get all the nasty dirt from my car... use about 5 cans maybe... (my bro gets it through the dealer lol, they go through huge crates of it everyday!!!)
  12. Offline

xtm "Member"

Message Count:
    I just use a high pressure wash from those 25-cent carwash. All the polishing and waxing is done after rinsing.
  13. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    just use a washmit and car wash soap ... and rinse it out with di water

do you guys put a lot of soap in the bucket? I don't want to put too much ... but it doesn't really sud (i use eagle one) ... should put enough for lots of suds?

also ... i don't know how long you guys take to wash the car ... but by the time i'm done soaping the whole car .. the first side gets dry ... do you guys do one side at a time .. rinse it and do the opposite?

Thanks
  14. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    Wait until it's darker outside.. or when it gets cooler. Parking somewhere in the shade will also work. That way it won't cause water spots and you can take your time.
  15. Offline

thoots Guest

Message Count:
    lostboy,

Hehehehe -- you want lots of suds, just use some dish detergent. :twisted:

Not that I'd recommend that, though, unless you really wanted to get the wax off of your car! :p

I use Meguiars stuff -- big bottle full of red stuff. Gives pretty good suds. Plenty of other things, though, don't make much suds at all. Beats me!

If it's warm out, definitely do "half the car" then rinse, then do the other half. I would suggest going "top down" -- get the roof and the trunk and the hood, and the windows, and that's "one half." Then rinse. Then do the sides, the front and the back. Then rinse.

Oh, and then don't forget to do the real secret weapon in making your car look sharp -- don't forget to dry the car. I use one of those "water blades" to get most of the water off, then I use plenty of my favorite 100% cotton towels to get off the rest. Really really really makes a big difference!

thoots
  16. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    Just soap up half of one side, spray that off, then soap the other half up, spray that off, repeat and rinse until you're all the way around the car. Thats what i do...