1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

What did you do to debadge your car....

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Benscor, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Offline

Benscor Guest

Message Count:
    What did you do to debadge your car....

How did you debadge your rolla and how did it turn out...any tips? Any of you guys did the rear toyota sign and HOW?

thanks BEN
  2. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    i haven't done it to my car but my friend and i did debadged his is300 emblems. All you'll need is a hair dryer that has a Hot option, thick rubber gloves, soft cloth, maguier's or other detailer spray, and a lot of patience!

Heat the emblems for about 5-10 minutes straight. Switch off with a friend so you won't get restless. hahah... and you begin to pull off the emblem little by little. Just continue heating that thing! It may seem like the emblem is not gonna come off...but you just gotta pull with some force to get the "gum" all lose. Once the "gum" is soft..you can slowly take the emblem off with the hair dryer still heating it up. that's where the gloves come in handy. the emblem gets pretty HOT! once you have the emblem off, you'll have a bunch of "gum" still on the car. Just use the maguier's or other detailer spray and the soft cloth to clean it off. soon after that...you're set!

good thing aren't screwed on. If they were, you'd be stuck with a hole on your trunk. :x
  3. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    sorry about my grammar guys. sometimes i just get too into it and i think faster than i type. hahah :?
  4. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    use a hair dryer to heat up the emblems, then take some fishing line and cut through the adhesive to get the emblems off. then just rub/pull the remaining adhesive off w/ your fingers and wash and wax. Also if you take of the Toyota "T" emblem it will leave a hole.
  5. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    i did mine withought the heat. just worked some 30# test fishing line in and "sawed" through the foam part of the adhesive. after that its just a matter of removing the left over stickum. took about 20 mins to get the "toyota" and the "corolla" off. ( i left the S and added a VVt-i where the corolla was.)

like somone else said, the T emblem leaves alignment holes. no prob if you wish to paint it and put it back, but to remove it all togethter (and look clean) will require some more work.
  6. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    i just used my safeway club card to remove everything, then to remove the adhesive i used my fingernails and scrubed with googone
  7. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    I didnt even use a hairdryer, just some dental floss, goo gone and a fingernail.

Use the floss like a saw and it will be easy, put goo gone on a towel or rag and let it soak into the rubber stuff. Then pick away with your fingernail(this was the time consumer) after your done wash the area and wax it real quick. My trunk looks perfect... no scratches or anything.

If your going to take off the toyota emblem, I suggest you have something to repalce it. My boy did it and it doesnt look good at all with that space there, plus there is a hole!
  8. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    yea, there is the holes and the annoying oval indent