1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine what can I do....

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by carbonprizm, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Offline

carbonprizm Guest

Message Count:
    what can I do....

Ok....I just bought a weapon R intake for a 2002 prism, I was going to take a loan out and by a newer prism....now I dont have the money like I thought I did so inturn I have to keep this 98 prism that I have currently....my question is I know that the 2002 has the VVTI engine but what is the difference as far as how the intake and fitting on a 98. is there anything that I could do to make it fit. also are 215/40/17 tires to big and will it look like my cars tires stick out a lot. thanks for any advice
  2. Offline

red 03 corolla s Guest

Message Count:
    o know the 215s on my S look fine they stick out alittle, but i have had good comments on how they look on my car...it makes it look wider...idk on a 98 prism tho.

as for the intake im not sure...i know that the 1zz's position in the engine bay changed...its backwards lol, in the older 1zz's the intake manifold is in the rear of the bay and the exhaust manifold is in the front. 02+ the intake manifold is towards the front of the car...hence this would change the position of where your intake would fit...worst comes to worst just use a hack saw...jk dont take that seriously...
  3. Offline

Toby New Member

Message Count:
    not so! All 1zz engines are oriented the same. Front intake! The difference is the maf verses map. Older 1zzs have a map. So, you will have to determine which air flow sensor it is before knowing. It will work if it's the same sensor.
  4. Offline

CorollaULEV Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah - it's a little confusing, though. The intake manifolds on the 98-99 1ZZ's actually LOOK like an exhaust header at first glance. Once you start looking, it's real obvious what Toyota did, but the first time I popped the hood on my friend's 98 Corolla, I was all "WTF" until I really started looking.

Late,
    Trav