1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Fitness Welcome to Fitness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Welcome to Fitness

This forum was started for those of you who are interested in leading a healthy life and to exchange ideas on doing so, I go to www.webmd.com for information and it seems to be a very complete site with information about general health. If you have more web pages that relate to this, muscle building, diets, excersice and all that sort of stuff just add it here and we'll make a list of them so members could research.
  2. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Cool, I like this idea. I can actually be contributable here, lol.
  3. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    This is a good idea. Now if only I'd take my own advice and eat healthy. Its kind of hard when you're eating dining hall food.

At least its getting warm, which means running, basketball etc. I don't know about the rest of you but i'm horrible about keeping in shape during winter.
  4. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    People tend to get pretty lazy (including myself) during winter just cause of the cold and the days are way shorter cause of the time change and stuff. I tend to be a lot more active in summer playing sports out till like 10 pm and what not. Walking helps the body and metabolism a lot and takes the least amount of work so if you're looking to maybe loose a few pounds and stay somewhat in shape all around walking would be your best bet.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    During the winter, I tend to be more active in the gym just cuz its so soothing to go to the gym at the night time when there are only a few people there....you people that go to an overcrowded gym know what I mean...
  6. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I go to 24 hour fitness and I always go during the night time just cause I can use the machines freely without having to wait for anyone to finish.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
  8. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Got to love it lol, man I really need to get off my ass and get some excersice done lol
  9. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I just walk down into my basement. Even then, I dont walk down there enough :)
  10. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I assume you have a home gym set up in ur basement? I've been wanting to do that for a long time but it can get pretty expensive for all the equipment lol
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Guess no one here is into fitness....
  12. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    I am... I just forget about this subforum! :eek:

I've been working out 3 days per week. Using (right now) 25lbs per hand (dumbells) and doing exercises in sets of 3-- 8 reps for each-- repeat set. Do either 2 or 3 sets of 3 exercises, then hit the exercise ball (and do 3 sets of 8 reps of the following: crunches, left obliques, right obliques).
    Also working on my diet. I'm 6'2" and weigh right around 215lbs, so I"m trying to get down to 200 for the summer and hopefully down to 185-190 by the end of the year. ;)

Anyone else?
  13. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    *blarg* too many trips to McD's *

/me dies
  14. Offline

323XRS New Member

Message Count:
    I need to get in shape. Any good diets that you guys know of?
  15. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    One of the best ways to keep in shape was do what I used to.

Eat whatever the h3ll you wanted, and run a warehouse where you walked 14-15 miles a day and call it good.

We ate like crap, morning, noon and night. Santiago's burritos in the morning, gigantic greasy burgers at noon and usually pizza and beer at night.

I was a straight 235 FOREVER. Since I moved into a night desk job I've slowly gone up to about 250-260 (I'm 6'4.) and it's hard to get it to drop off.
  16. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Don't be fooled. Diets don't work. The key is exercise. Just get out there and do it. You'll see a difference. However, eating right will help the process along.
  17. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    LOL that's what killed me was going to a desk job from running around all the time. This is why the gym is my first stop when I get home every day. Doing pretty good - I dropped from 265 to 245 just doing the cardio but then once I started lifting again I weighed in this morning at 260, lol.

The only bad part to this is my pants keep getting looser around the waist but my f`n legs are getting too big for them and my shirts that I just bought a few weeks ago are starting not to fit as well as they did ... It's a lose/lose situation I tell ya, lol. :)

All in all I would love to get back to my pre-wreck form. 6', 34" waist, 270 and able to almost press my own weight. I miss my old body but I'm working towards it again. :)
  18. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    odd, i eat alot and i don't gain 1 single pound. infact i actually lose weight if i don't eat....

i don't exercise nor do i eat right
  19. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I need to put on about 20 pounds
  20. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    It's called genetics. You're blessed with a fast metabolism. It'll be reversed when you start getting old. LOL :D
  21. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Give yourself a few years. LOL
  22. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    since times has been more available during the snowboarding season i was able to start concentrate on losing weight which started middle of november. i started at 165 then and just by changing my eating habits (still eat the same stuff, just less and spread out) i got down to 154 feb/mar with no working out. started working out and have been bouncing back and forth from 149-150 and hoping to get to 145 and then 140 and then start to put on weight the right way.