1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

want to buy subs soon...

Discussion in 'Interior' started by renandabomb, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Offline

renandabomb New Member

Message Count:
    want to buy subs soon...

ok i have a stock speakers, my stereo is swapped to a pioneer deh7600 that i put in myself some time ago. anyway, i want some bass, i figure subwoofer was the way to go. do you think a setup from ... bestbuy or circuit city would be ok? im thinkin pioneer brand or kicker? i dont know much about subs or amp. im not lookin for anything glass breakin car rattlin in the next lane type stuff.

could this be a good deal?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat98100050007&type=category

i need an amp... i dont know how to install em so id just have bestbuy do it. it would come with warranty i think also.
  2. Offline

bigsweezey New Member

Message Count:
    IMO I wouldn't get those 12's...they are pretty much bottom of the barrel. Spend more and get some decent 10's.

I personally never bought or had anything installed at a best buy or circuit city, so I can't say about that. Most places wanna charge me more than I wanna pay tho.
  3. Offline

10R New Member

Message Count:
    http://TRDforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7507

I just got the basslink. While it won't win any loud car competitions, its hits awfully hard. Plus, its a sub/amp combo, so you can see it doesn't take up much trunk space, and its probably lighter than most sub/box/amp setups. I went through Best Buy and I bought it new with the service plan and had them install it and the whole thing ran me 500 bucks. You could get it way cheaper buying one on ebay and installing it yourself though.
  4. Offline

Importedmex 2C Racing Inc.

Message Count:
    Me personally I think the basslink hits alright not to shabby but still not up there but that would be good if your not lookin to get a lot of bass to rattle your trunk so that would be a good option. But u could also go wit a set of 10's or just one 12'' but thats all on u since im more of a need big bass person my setup is goin to be 2 Polk MOMO 12'' subs with a Polk MOMO C400.4 amp but thats my style so yea.
  5. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Tuning helps alot too...

I had a pair of Sony 10's in an MTX box with an amp that was WAY too powerful for those subs. ...Blew one about every month...but I hit almost as hard as guys with a pair of twelves and 1000+ watts.

I'll tell you, Tundra is just getting about a 250 watt amp, and a single Infinity 12". Good enough for me. :D
  6. Offline

ratsnrop New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, I got a single 12 MTX running off a 800w MTX 2 channel and it hits... I used to have 2 10s in a bandpass box... the entire set up ran me about $300. I got a friend over at CC and what he did was towards the end of the model year, the brand new subs and amps from the previous year go on sale... you get shit for over 50% off... something you may want to look in to...
  7. Offline

renandabomb New Member

Message Count:
    with your subs.. did u also replace stock speakers? or is runnin a toyota corolla s 6 speaker stock audio setup with my replaced into pioneer deck with the new subs ok?