1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

voice activation unit and rear view camera

Discussion in 'Interior' started by sean2sean, May 17, 2004.

1. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Myamaguchi1 Guest

Message Count:
    what does it look like?? does it work with other models of pioneer?? and i say camera u probably will never use the voice unless u drive around with ur radio low
  3. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i posted the link above.

they said that in order to use the voice... you need to push a button on the steerin wheel controller and speak into it...

seems like ill go with the camera... voice... iffy... how about cd changer??

thanks!
  4. Offline

AFaceInTheCrowd Guest

Message Count:
    i'm thinking about going with that. i can get it NASTY CHEAP cuz of employee discounts:) i'm gonna do the full damn thing if i get the avic. i'm also debating about the alpine d300.

if your gonna get the avic, you gotta get EVERYTHING. spending THAT much money on the avic and not being able to use all the features is a waste. also, you won't have to worry about backing up with a dark tint... the camera will take care of it.
  5. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    how does that work? backin up in the dark... i dont think the camera have night vision mode...

how much discount are u getting?
  6. Offline

AFaceInTheCrowd Guest

Message Count:
    cuz then you can upgrade your reverse bulbs to something brighter. that way, you can activate the rear camera and just use the video feed. works well if you have very dark tint.

i don't want to say my cost in a public forum... shoot me a pm or im and i'll disclose some info...

oh, but i wouldn't go with the changer... it's not worth it to me to have a changer... just my personal preference. would be nice, but not worth the money. i'de get xm over the changer.
  7. Offline

BigTymer2k3 Guest

Message Count:
    The prices really arent too high, I saw go for all 3 pieces. They'll compliment eachother nicely. :cool:
  8. Offline

Myamaguchi1 Guest

Message Count:
    Yea go for all three or look on ebay for a 10disc dvd player I got one on my pioneer i like it alot :D
  9. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    yea... i think im leaning more towards the camera and voice unit...

the changer... my friends tell me that since u already have a mp3 player built in... might as well use that... holds more then a 12 disc cd changer...
  10. Offline

AFaceInTheCrowd Guest

Message Count:
    yah gotta put it in your bumper. or put it on your roof or something like that. i like the bumper placement... but that doesn't work well at my school where i have been given love taps like 4 times, and one time after coming back from class, the top of my muffler was scratched and the bumper misaligned... a car parked across from me, hit my car. no note. so i donno if I should put it in MY bumper, but under all fair conditions, go with the bumper.
  11. Offline

Jibran New Member

Message Count:
    i was thinking about getting a camara too but where would i put it tho?? i mean my rear window is tinted 5% soo i dont think that would help me at all at night...