1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Updated Lift Plans

Discussion in 'Truck & SUV' started by DeebsTundra, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Updated Lift Plans

So after MUCH hassling and going back and forth and hearing this and hearing that. I've got the plan laid out. Look for it to come along in the near future as it doesn't cost much at all.

Good estimate on total lift is going to be 2.5"

Front:
    Replace factory shocks with Bilstein 5100 Adjustable.
    This solves the issue I was having with using spacers, and causing stress on the shock being forced to expand farther than normal which sometimes resulted in a "bottoming" out effect. The 5100 adjustable is in essence, a longer shock with a slotted shaft and a plate that compresses the spring giving the lift effect. This claims leveling only up to 2", but all reports indicate it's more around the area of 2.5-3.0". This also drastically reduces my fear of quick wear and tear on both the balljoint and the entire upper control arm. In addition, having a longer shock makes me think the lower control arm will suffer alot less in ride quality. (As I have also heard)

Rear:
    Wheelers Off-Road Add-A-Leaf.
    Alot of people have complained that blocking the leaf springs causes a rougher ride. Even with a poly-block. The Alcan manufactured AAL in the back will not only lift the back in 1.5" but give me another couple hundred pound hauling capacity.

Necessary modifications:
    Total Chaos Differential Drop.
    This solves the problem associated with lifting and toying with driveline component angle. There will still be a SLIGHT increase in angle over stock, but nothing to worry about.
    Sean's "CV Mod"
    Guy I've known for a while came up with this after he lifted his tundra and the CV boot split due to the increased angle. Basically it's a $10 fix involving 2 pipe clamps and about 5 minutes worth of work.

Alignment, and finished.
    Total cost, probably around $350. The whole setup will allow me to run with rubbing at 93%+ steer angle the American Racing Teflon Victor (4.5" backspacing) and a set of 285/75R16's. Which is approximately a 33" tire.

These are NOT the rims I want, or the tires, or even my truck, but to give you an idea of what it will look like, here's a pic.
    [IMG]

DeebsTundra added 91 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

AAL's and Shocks Ordered. Thank you Uncle Sam. Gotta wait until monday and Off-Road Solutions opens up to get the Diff Drop kit.
  2. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    woot :D

Hi-rider lol
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Lift, wheels and tires ordered. Next week, weather and time permitting.
    Apparently they stopped making the Victor for Toyota hubs, so I'll be running the Trench. See my wheel thread in truck subforum.
    (I just woke up and don't feel like doing the whole link thing)
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    AAL's in. Just missing the front shocks, wheels and tires.
  5. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Now thats how a truck should be!
  6. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Don't make me merge this with you completed lift pics. >:)
  7. Offline

Message Count:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.