1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

update on my sedan.....

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by shubert_ae102, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    update on my sedan.....

okay after buying a 20v blacktop swapped gt-s ae86 coupe for a daily , i decided its time i turn my attention back to the sedan. ive spent 3 months meticulously rebuilding the 4agze , and collectiong other parts. for those three months the car has been sitting on jack stands. so yesterday i found the time to make it a rolling chassis again with new parts :D

d2 pro spec coilovers 8kg front and 5kg rear...15x8 drag dr21's wrapped in 205-50-15 falken azenis 615's. also put on my CF hood for shits and giggles....this is how the car will sit , also remember in these pictures there is no engine in the car , so the front will drop a little more.

got heaps more of suspension goodies ready to install , just doing everything one step at a time. cusco front strut tower brace, UR 4 point lower brace , factory front sway bar conversion , UR rear sway bar , UR floor/latteral bars , ae92 gts adjustable rear lateral bars and rear disc.......

on to the pics :D

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and this is how the car was sitting yesterday morning....and you can see my ae86 too....

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

SK149 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Nice whips man I'm loving them both keep the good work going man
  3. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    cool, cant wait to see the finished product!
  4. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    mm....AE86 *droolz
  5. Offline

THE TOYOTA KID New Member

Message Count:
    Thats class really nice :D
  6. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    thanks...im trying to get the car prepped for super street/primedia's time attack. i know if i can go there and blister a few shops on the track i can get recognition : 1 for the corolla chasis especially 7th gens , 2. for me , for my driving career.

last year at a road atlanta HPDE, i was 7 seconds off the lead lap of a lemans prepped porsche gt3 cup car. if i can stay with his lap time this go around...i know im golden. ive upped my hp and torque at least 50% from 204/209 to probably around the 250 range. ive lightened the car up even more this time by removing the spare tire tub , went with a lightweight fia sparco seat , carbon fiber hood , 8 gal. fuel cell mounted in the back seat area , removed the factory gas tank , lexan all windows but the windsheild, finished removeing everybit of the tar cork insulation , removed the heater core/blower cluster, and a braile battery.

before all that i had the car basically stripped with the exception of the things mentioned above and it weighed in at 1980. so not only is it lighter its also more powerful. previously the car did 13.140 in the quarter on street tires , so that gives you an idea of the old quickness , this time im coming harder.

im looking to possibly break into the low 12's maybe the high 11's on the strip , but after the new modifications im hoping to gain the best benefit on the track...where time attack takes place. i especially want a shot at tage evanson's civic, hes a grass roots self sponsered racer just like i am.
  7. Offline

Edwin562 SWAG MASTER

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    98 180sx
    nice..... looking forward to the build of these monsters... lets see pics of the BT20v

keep us updated
  8. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    You daily drive your AE86?

Damn... I would've used it as my weekend car.
  9. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    well it happened that the wife is starting school , and i was daily driving her car....prizm , 7afe sprint springs , mb weapons "wedsport look-alikes" and a few other things , so while the sedan is being finished , i needed a daily , and what better to buy than what i want? so i found this prestine coupe , bt swapped , fresh rebuilt 4:3 LSD , and in perfect condition , so i drove about 1000 miles round trip to scoop it up. once the sedan is running , the coupe will probably be a daily till i get the sedan fully tuned (greddy e-manage ultimate) once the sedan is tuned , ill be looking for a gze for the coupe , and putting the black top in the wifes prizm....that will then give me a 7a block to play with......ill then find something else to put it into.

btw i only drive 32 miles round trip to work.....so daily driving isnt that bad , not to mention if i take the pass over burnt mountain , its only 20 miles , and a shit ton of fun to drive......hard.
  10. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    I'm surprised no ones ragging on the visible bolts for his "home depot" front lip. I guess you gotta have a turbo to pull it off. :rolleyes:

Nice rides though man :)
  11. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    home depot front lip?

where are you seeing that? look again , those are rivets holding on a lower piece from a 2000 jetta......

if your refering to the gt-s , thats a stock zenki lip.

no floor molding or garage door seal on my cars......

for the record, not turbo either...s/c'ed.

any way all that aside , ive made more headway....i managed to finally get my custom TB made for my supercharger...60mm this time feeding it instead of the stock 50mm.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

also removed the battery tray from under the hood seeming as the battery hasnt been there for some time now...

[IMG]

also got around to removing the spare tire well in the trunk , and mounting my exhaust in its new location...after its all weded up ill be making a stainless steel garnish to put around it. also removed what was left of the sound deadning so i can have a cage welded into it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    haha thats kool man, sorry didnt mean anything by it. :) lookin nice.
  13. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    i did a doubletake at the pic of you inside of the trunk, looks wierd lol. i think that exhaust setup is pretty cool looking, nice.
  14. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    exhaust tips are i'll!!
  15. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    that's bordering on the frankensteinish :D
  16. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    bosozuka ae101 maybe? lol

well , its in. everything is piped and plumbed......everything is welded . and all vacuum issues are taken care of. i have to have the radiator modified one more time....other than that its starting up this weekend.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]