1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Ugly tan/wood interior

Discussion in 'Interior' started by applenutz, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Offline

applenutz Guest

Message Count:
    Ugly tan/wood interior

Alright.. i've got an Impulse red '03 corolla, but i've got the ugly tan/wood interior, i want to start doing stuff to the interior, but i realized that nothing really goes to well with the tan, let alone the wood. So, if any of you guy's got any ideas or advice, let me know.
  2. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    1. cover all the seats with seat covers
    2. wedge material into the doors
    3. Paint dash with fusion plastic spray paint
  3. Offline

milhousse C U in the car

Message Count:
    I would say start re-upholstering the interior if you can afford it. or just recover your headliner, the doors, and get some seat covers. as for the interior vinyl (not sure what it is on your car, assuming vinyl) get a spray paint that is made for vinyl (fusion is alright, ive had some good and bad experience with it, depending on the preparation and material you are applying it to - it is supposed to bond with the plastic, so in theory its great).
    As for the trim... you can do what a lot of people do and rip it out, sand it down, and paint it (obviously take out the dash to paint it!!).
  4. Offline

applenutz Guest

Message Count:
    thanks for the ideas guys, its appreciated, i think im gonna get some seat covers and cover a part of the door with fabric cause thats cheap and easy, im too poor to afford to re upholster everything and i think if i can get rid of the ugly wood, things will start to look a lot better. thanks again, anything more will be appreciated also.
  5. Offline

kriskraut1 Guest

Message Count:
    Did you do the painting yet? Any pictures?
  6. Offline

NewRolla98 New Member

Message Count:
    neone have good seat cover brands?
  7. Offline

obey Guest

Message Count:
    I tried putting carbon fiber vinyl over the wood parts in my car.. it would look better if there were no air bubbles. here it is:

[IMG]
  8. Offline

Gilty New Member

Message Count:
    well, to save youself some $$$. i would say if you decide, get your seats re-upholstered with red stitching. the wooden trimming, i would say if possible either change those out or if you like the wooden trimming find a way lighter color wood. that blen IMO would work/be perfect look. for me, thats just the cheaper way.

i know how you feel cause i have the grey interior. i don't mind the grey, but its the wooden trimming that gets to me.
  9. Offline

ratsnrop New Member

Message Count:
    Where'd you get the carbon fiber vinyl?... is the stuff generally inexpensive?
  10. Offline

Bishop4695 New Member

Message Count:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! please, no dis but that stuff blows. It sticks like a mugg, but it's not real. I went and got the real deal dash kit for my 04 from Serenity in Fountain Valley, Ca. Cost me 260 for a 16 pc. Worth it, I got it in carbon fiber weaved red an black. like a deep blood red. You should save and go that way.
  11. Offline

obey Guest

Message Count:
    i got the vinyl at some store called Super Autobacs. it cost me 2.99 per 10 square centimeters i think. i bought 30 sq. cm. and was able to do all 4 doors and had some left over to do some exterior stuff. i even messed up a couple times and wasted a bunch of vinyl :p
  12. Offline

phillipguru Guest

Message Count:
    fake carbon fiber looks fake, if you saw a civic in the mall parking lot and they had carbon fiber vinyl wrap cleanly over the whole hood you would laugh your ass off. I would say if you wanna do the interior keep the wood and put leather on the seats and door cills, go vip style
  13. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    yea man fuckin real wood in a corolla?! keep that shit, way more stylish than painting the inside of your car. it's pretty tacky i think, also after a while the paint chips and looks ultra weak.
  14. Offline

Azianmunk New Member

Message Count:
    Yeh Autobacs!