1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

tweeter part numbers

Discussion in 'Interior' started by MrDisco99, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    tweeter part numbers

Here are the part numbers for those of you interested in adding tweeters to your factory system...

86160-02470 -- speaker, right side
    86160-02480 -- speaker, left side
    67491-02160 -- garnish, right side
    67492-02160 -- garnish, left side

Installation is dead simple. The mounting hardware and wiring harness is already in the door. First, take the inside door cover off. The old garnish should just pop right out. The door cover itself is a bit of a chore, but it has to come out so you can get to the wiring. Then using a 10mm wrench or ratchet, undo the lower two nuts holding the mirror in place. Slip the speaker bracket over the two bolts and put the nuts back on. Plug the cable into the conveniently located connector in the door. Put the door cover back on with the new garnishes... and you're done! Do the same thing for the other side.
  2. Offline

dirtbozz Guest

Message Count:
    This work with the 04's as well?
  3. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Yes... Mine is an 04.
  4. Offline

dirtbozz Guest

Message Count:
    Question, Took off my door panel to look for the conector, Where is it located? is it down inside the door? What color were the wires, I noticed there were 4 black/wire wire with a rubber boot around them near the window switch any idea what thats for?
  5. Offline

lplace Guest

Message Count:
    would this fit for aftermarket tweeters?
  6. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    There should be a pair of green and blue cables with a connector at the end. It'll be up near the top front and run parallel to the mirror control cables. The factory tweeter has the connector that plugs into that.

I don't know about aftermarket tweeters. I would imagine the connectors would be different. You may have to splice those in.
  7. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    question is how much are the stock tweeters?
  8. Offline

dirtbozz Guest

Message Count:
    Lesson learned, look before you buy! I took my panel off once again and still found no wires for the tweeters.. so being...I have 2 tweeters & 2 covers I would sell.. paid $79.27 at my cost from dealer. would sell for that Plus shipping.. Otherwise I'll just hangon to them and wire um in when I have time
  9. Offline

aarhelger Guest

Message Count:
    I put component speakers in the front of mine last Saturday. Mine didn't have any connectors for factory tweeters either. My component speakers have a separate crossover so I had to route the factory speaker wire to the crossover, then crossover to the new driver and crossover to the new tweeter.
  10. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    which plant built your cars? im curious if this is plant related, year/model related, or *gasp* random...

mine is an 03, numi assembled, s model (power windows/locks), manual transmission

mine does NOT have any spare conectors in the door, in line with the power mirror harness or anywhere else. i even peeled back that plastic sheet held in with the sticky black goo to look behind them, and nothing there either.

id check my trix for you guys also as it was canada built, but it came with the tweeters so im pretty sure the connection is there :)
  11. Offline

dirtbozz Guest

Message Count:
    Mines a 04 S port/plant Nummi,Fremont,CA all power, auto
  12. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Weird!

Mine was an 04 CE, built at NUMMI, power nothing, and had the connectors.
  13. Offline

jdmmarkii Guest

Message Count:
    mind posting a few pix of the wiring itself in the door?
  14. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    I'd be glad to, only I wrecked the car last weekend so I don't have it anymore. :cry:

Sorry guys... My car had the wiring there, so I figured everyone else would, too. I'm getting a new Corolla (another CE) in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if that one has it or not.
  15. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    ??

how do find out where and when your car is made?
  16. Offline

jdmmarkii Guest

Message Count:
    Re: ??

the first three codes on the vin will tell you, i'm not pretty sure since i only know how it is read for older toys.

the 1st letter/number will tell you where in the world it is built. since our corolla has "1" it is built in the United States.

next one up is "NX" chassis and so on.

hopefully all the number at the end are the production number.

as far as what plant, i think the sticker price sheet will tell you. i'm not exactly sure.
  17. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Update!

I finally got my new car... it's another 2004 Corolla CE... this time I got power locks.

I took the door panel off as soon as I got it home, and sure enough the tweeter connector is there, right next to the connector for the power mirror. They should be side by side.

I'll try to bum a digicam from someone so I can take pictures. I'm still a bit freaked that so many of you just don't seem to have the connector there.

Does anybody still have a set that they bought and can't use? I'll gladly buy them from you.
  18. Offline

jdmmarkii Guest

Message Count:
    ce has power locks???? i though it was the basic. but yea take some pixs i might want to rig up something when i get my componets.