1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Turn signal not working

Discussion in 'Interior' started by slow_rolla, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Offline

slow_rolla New Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    Okay, so a buddy of mine recently bought a 2000 Corolla, base model. He has been having this odd problem with his turn signals. His right turn signal worked just fine. His left turn signal wouldn't work unless he held it halfway. So we figured it was a problem with the actual indicator shaft thing. Went to the junkyard earlier and got another one in better condition than his, plugged it in and the left turn signal started working! Then once we got done celebrating we realized that the right stopped working... -.-
    Idk if me and him are missing something or what. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Maybe a loose ground? Anyone have a wiring diagram? Thanks for any help
  2. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    You might just have to clean the contacts on the switch and make sure it's working
  3. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Has he done a cluster swap from a different year? Some years have issues with the turn signals. Ask him if his rear defroster works. If it's the original cluster, clean all the contacts on the connections, and I'll see if there's a fuse or relay or something.
  4. Offline

cBass buffalo bell lover

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2005 Corolla XRS
    ^^^^ this
  5. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
  6. Offline

slow_rolla New Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    His fuel gauge wasn't working in his original cluster and some random guy gave him a cluster, the same type of cluster for free. Unfortunately he was having the same problem with the other cluster. I will ask him tomorrow thanks Mack
  7. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hmm well I think it's more than a coincidence that I was correct on a new cluster lol. If it's been swapped once it could have been swapped twice but that's a little less likely.
  8. Offline

slow_rolla New Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    Haha bro tbh I have no idea what hasn't been done on that car, there is at least a gallon of body filler spread across all the panels. Evidently it was a company car or something and the previous owners really did not care. I am just trying to help a fellow 8th gen driver out you know? But this turn signal thing is just odd.
  9. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    We'll check all fuses and relays first, and if not that, then find another cluster from the same year.