1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Turbo kit for the 05 Corolla XRs

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by FaisalCorollaS, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    You are right about supercharging the 1ZZ FE Corolla S and it will indeed be faster than the XRS, but as per a person who got an XRS instead of the other route, you will get very poor gas mileage with the supercharger and suspension upgrades, brake upgrades and better wheels will make it a lot more expensive that you think.
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    *Moved to Engine*
  3. Offline

Bishop4695 New Member

Message Count:
    Turbo kit for the 05 Corolla XRs

Im in a bind here.
    Traded my auto 03 rolla (white) for a 5spd 04 rolla lunar mist (silver)
    Dealer lied to me about the new XRs coming out a few months back and now I want it. Sucks on Torque but nothing you cant work with. I feel like I want to trade it in for the new one because my dealer can only get two in and I dont know if this is a good decision.

To get to the point I want to get a turbo and not a supercharger that only gives 30 horse for a couple thousand...not worth it. They do sell a turbo kit for the Xrs model already and I would like to know if this will go on the 04 corolla s!!! ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  4. Offline

TRD04 Guest

Message Count:
    Here is the one for the 1zzfe on the 03+ CorollaTurbo Kits 1zzfe
  5. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    The 05 XRS is different than the 03 1zzfe, so the turbo's wont work with each other.
  6. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    Get the XRs and turbo it. Simple. If you can afford these changes go right ahead.
  7. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I have an 04 Corolla S as well for over a year now. I have been trying to work things out to trade it in for an 05 Corolla XRS as well. It is kind of difficult to trade in just after a year without suffering from a big loss. Anyway, if you have had your 04 for over a month, it would be very difficult to trade in unless you call Toyota customer service and give them hell about the salesperson lying to you and threaten them to offer you compensation by trading it in for Corolla XRS otherwise, you will never buy another Toyota. See if this works. I guess, it is a valid point. I have driven a Corolla XRS twice on freeways and in the city. It is completely worth it. It is like driving a completely different car.
  8. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    I wouldnt bother w/ the XRS. A TRD supercharged Corolla is faster than the XRS( I've driven both). Any Turbo for the XRS is gonna be unreliable, so if it's your daily driver don't bother. The 2zz-ge has too high of a compression to be reliable w/ forced induction. Also you're gonna lose a hell of a lot of money on a
    trade in.
  9. Offline

TRD04 Guest

Message Count:
  10. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    I think JRP and SF will have a kit for the 2zzge... Dunno if u wanna wait 2 years for your turbo kit to come in tho :D ... Honestly I would stick with your 04 S, and turbo it... The only problem is making sure the turbo vendor can deliver the kit....