1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Turbo and Manifold...

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by superpilun, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Offline

superpilun Guest

Message Count:
    too expensive for what you get
  2. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    So what would be a good price then on these two parts because I'll be needing a specific price on things so I can start my turbo project during summer.
  3. Offline

corolla_racer Guest

Message Count:
    its not a bad deal, but if the bid goes over $650 then thats to expensive....Will i'l try to talk to some of my freinds if they can make a turbo maniflod for u for like $100 or 200 but its not going to look good as that one.....
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    ya the turbo manifold is my main concern. Thats what keeping back on this project. Then some job issues I need to attend to before I start the project in the summer. The other stuff I can get easily and piping is no biggy.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Turbo and Manifold...

I was looking around ebay and I found this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ssPageName=WDVW
    Its a Turbo charger with the manifold. Its the esential part to turbo a car and it looks like a good price. Tell me what you guys think of the setup.
  6. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Looks like a deal to me.
  7. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    looks good...but i'm not big on log manifolds...just to blah if u ask me...i'd go for more of a tubular design for better airflow and proper looks...might cost a lil more, but will definately be worth it
  8. Offline

SBM 007 Guest

Message Count:
    I would probably stay clear of any turbo purchase that includes the words "as is". This means the seller is not willing to give any type of gurantee the product works. Even if the guarantee is only for 3 months it is a stand behind the product being sold. You could also get a turbo (T3/T4) for about $250 - $300 and get a intake manifold for about $200. So you could get away with the same type of deal for anywhere between $450 - $500. Been there done that.

SBM 007

http://www.cardomain.com/id/smussend
  9. Offline

94rolladx Guest

Message Count:
    SBM 007 is the man! i am in following in his footsteps as we speak, and i have many a question for you SBM