1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

tundra in a ditch LOL

Discussion in 'Truck & SUV' started by YamahaTundraV8, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:
    tundra in a ditch LOL

OK so I'm driving to the store today and traveling a road I've been on for years and approach the dead men curve which is like a split off which leads to 2 road's and suddenly the lady in front of me decided to turn Left with NO turn signal what so ever and Bingo I'm stuck with a split second decision to either rear end her or pull off the side of the road at 35 mph. I decided to pull my tundra to the very right and in a ditch and the truck's land's on 2 wheel's with the rear end hanging up there. The cops show up and how em massing this is :superconf

as I waited for 1.5 hr's for the tow truck driver to pull the Tundra out with the police near me a Ford Super-duty want's to help Bingo that truck pulled my Tundra out and the Tow truck driver just arrived seconds later I saved 75 on the call and got my tundra out but SO felt stupid after the event Moto of the story provide the guy/gal in front of you more space you never know what there going to do..
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Worthless without pics
  3. Offline

Message Count:

on my cell working on that..
  4. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    im with e, get some pics up!

any damage to the truck?
  5. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Yah lets hope theres no damage. I hate people who dont have working brake lights, drive without headliights on at night, or dont give signals. I literally smack my dad because he does all of that. He doesnt yell because I joke around and say that Im saving him out of a ticket lol.
  6. Offline

Message Count:

beyond the dent in the cheap plastic bumper which is getting Line X again the metal skid plates and the Front Diff which pro need's a new Gear's urge I'm soo paying for this it's not going to my insurance co that's for sure......The Tundra was dead close on the hitting the end of the ditch I'm lucky it stopped in time before airbags go off (ill post pictures on the location soon as i convert my cell images into the Net i have 2 pictures from that location)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    ouch that doesnt look too good.
  8. Offline

James800 New Member

Message Count:
    Hey now your skid plate looks like mine!, but yours is still cleaner
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    you know the strange part about this i was trying to call you 3 min before this happened...
  10. Offline

Sanosuke New Member

Message Count:
    This is really ironic.. considering I was there over 3 weeks ago.. I kept warning YamahaTundraV8 about his excessive speeds on the curves. I guess that caught up to him. ;P Tsk tsk. No worries though, we all make mistakes -- like going too fast or being too far ahead of our abilities thinking that our vehicle will protect us from the evitiable. YamahaTundraV8, any faster, that truck would've flipped and your parents would have freaked out when a state cop visits the front door.

Motto of this? Slow down and you'll live to be a old man! :)

Sanosuke!
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    [IMG][/IMG]

thanks Sano you had to mention Sept 8 ,2005 in which my 2000 Tundra got totalled and guess what Today is Oct 8 2006 Maybe there is a curse I didnt know about :mad: if that's the case every Mo on the 8th i'm staying home ....

hear's a pict from my cell thanks sano for telling me how to email pictures from my cell to the net. Hear's what happened tundra on 2 wheels...

[IMG]
  12. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    looks like a break dancing tundra :D
  13. Offline

My03Tundra ROLL OUT!

Message Count:
    Dude, that sucks. I would've t-boned her instead of putting my truck in the ditch. As for the damage, yes, I would've reported that to the insurance company as well as to the police. I feel what she did is equivalent to a hit-and-run or leaving the scene of an accident.

It could be worse. I was heading out of my neighborhood, with my Mom riding with me, when a crazy white woman in Chrysler Sebring ran a stop sign and almost t-boned me. While I was driving up the street, going 25 MPH (the speed limit on the street NO ONE follows). I turned right, and so did she. She went into the middle lane and was trying to out drag me to the stop light. I let her get in front. As we were going up the street she kept driving trying to get me to rear end her while I was trying to get her license plate with my phone.

I gave up on her and tried to turn around and leave her alone, yet she persisted and turned around in front of me in front of a lady in a minivan full of kids, just to show me she had a cellphone too. She almost caused an accident and through it all acted drunk and reckless. My Mom said if she finds her, she's going to give her a mouthful. If I find her, I won't do anything physical but I would suggest to her to drive safely and to obey all traffic signs. There are crazy people out there worse then me that might shoot her (in our neighborhood, no less) if she did what she did to the wrong person.
  14. Offline

James800 New Member

Message Count:
    See what happenes when your talking on the cell phone and driving!!!! :p

Na but really, im glad your ok and the truck will live. I think you did make the right choice, i donno about georgia, but in CO if you rearend someone, its your fault for being too close, plus its a truck its made to get into ditches!
  15. Offline

Message Count:

shane,

as my Dad has mentioned to me millions of times "driving is a skile Not a right" and indeed your going to have to remain the defensive driver and I'm not going to hit someone in the rear because I'm the one to blame on that even thought the person in front of me didn't use one nor appeared like she was slowing down for the turn.
    James I called you from My blue-tooth I ain't that stupid to drive and talk My navi system is paired up to my cell so it's hand's free for me this is another key reason I got this esp going from location to location from work this really help's me a great deal on focus my direct attention on the road that way it's intended to be but your right all these little outside distration like cell phone take away from the overall driving experience..

thanks everybody..
  16. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Ouch...

I have to admit, I have no idea what's it like to end up in a ditch, considering I've never put anything there. ...though I did watch my buddy try to hot-rod his Integra down his drive-way and end up in the rock ditch on the other side of the road. ...That was hilarious.

Glad you're ok.
  17. Offline

My03Tundra ROLL OUT!

Message Count:
    Hmm.. let's see here. You've had two accidents in just over a year, and in the years I've been driving I've had, what, one? ;-)

I'm VERY familiar with defensive driving as I learned in one of the worst cities in the country (Phoenix) and I currently drive in a city that will eventually overtake the number one spot. Each day I drive out amongst the other idiots and almost every other day where I drive in traffic I have a close call, or see one. Just a couple of days ago I had someone almost sideswipe me.

I'm NOT suggesting going out and hitting people and rear-ending people. I think you misread my post with the initial comment I made of "Dude, that sucks. I would've t-boned her instead of putting my truck in the ditch." I was saying that I would not have tried to hit her, but if I had too, I would've hit her in the side to try to put the blame on her if an accident was unavoidable.

With my car accident, I couldn't have avoided it. I was exiting the freeway in Phoenix (I-17) and I had to stop hard to avoid the Ford Ranger ahead of me. The Metro had crappy brakes. I had just stopped when a Dodge Ram 1500 behind me didn't. He hit me with enough force to knock me into the Ranger ahead of me and back into the Ram. The Metro, thankfully so, was totalled. I had a hard time driving it before the accident (the Metro DOES NOT have power steering), and now with my left shoulder that was hurt I wouldn't be able to drive it, especially now after recently dislocating my shoulder again.

You're lucky you avoided the accident, and that no one was hurt. But, I would definitely report it to your insurance company AND the police if you managed to get her license plate number. What she did was reckless. Funny, but my Mom has done the same maneuver to make a turn to go to a yard sale. I keep telling her DON'T as the Tundra's brakes aren't that "solid."