1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

trunk vibrations (updated)

Discussion in 'Interior' started by black03rollaLE, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Offline

black03rollaLE New Member

Message Count:
    trunk vibrations (updated)

ok well i bought some expanding foam stuff at lowes and foamed the entire inside of the trunk lid. now i figured out that the air vents that let air in the trunk through those plastic flaps underneath the false floor on both sides are making alot of noise also. What have you guys with 03's or 04's done about that? I thought the trunk was airtight, but i guess not. No body flex for me :( oh well i guess thats not really bad, but there is still alot of vibration coming from the side body panels somewhere. I can't seem to pinpoint a location. I might stop by the local audio shop (even though i have never been there) and let them find it and dynamat it (they use stinger roadkill, is it any good?), but i was hoping not to have to spend any money for someone else to do it. Also, what did you guys do about the plastic rear deck cover? I believe that it is causing some of the rattle back there too.
  2. Offline

kwong2001 New Member

Message Count:
    I've got about 70-80 sq. feet of sound deadening in my car and my shit hits hard. I lined the entire trunk with one layer of sound deadening, then did about 2-4 on the trunk lid. I also lined the bumper with one layer, but it didn't help any (live and learn). Roof has one layer on it.

All I need to do is the doors and floor, but that's more of a "whenever" type thing.

My car hits hard, but I still gets vibration. It's mostly on a few parts of the trunk lid, and the spoiler. Most people wouldn't be able to hear it if they're in the car. Unless I have my system up on full, you probably couldn't tell I have a system, even if the windows are down. The bass is concentrated only in the cabin. It's only when it's at about 3/4 power before the trunk start vibrating.
  3. Offline

Sport New Member

Message Count:
    black03rolla, whats the exact name of that foam that you bought at lowes?
    does it weigh alot? and does it dry quickly?
    im thinking of spraying the spoiler, just not sure if it will dry and flake off afterwards.
  4. Offline

Sport New Member

Message Count:
    O.K. i went to lowes , bought two cans of insulation fam for 4 dollars
    and i unscrewed the light on the factory
    rear spoiler and i sprayed both cns in the hole.
    i havent tested it yet, i took pictures.
    Once i find out if it works, ill put the pictures up.
    by the way it got messy.