1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

True Life: Rally to LA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by e_andree, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    True Life: Rally to LA

Anyone watching this? On right now...10PM est....on MTV.

Couple local euro guys were in this...most are from MD, PA, NJ
  2. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    just missed it
  3. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    baseball owns me.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yeah, the kid whining about a 13 mph over ticket was getting annoying.
  5. Offline

91DX Guest

Message Count:
    who actually thought those two girls were attractive? Not I. And they kept claiming they knew how to drive. well shit who doesnt kno how to go in a straight line?

i didn't catch the end. who won?
  6. Offline

Myamaguchi1 Guest

Message Count:
    the girls won, it was ok i just looked at there web site its $3,000 to join up for th 05 rally
  7. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    the girls live like 10 mins from me, the tatoo artist girl works at the place where i got my tounge pierced
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Ive met Kelly a few times at Euro gtgs...shes cute in person.
  9. Offline

xnevergiveinx New Member

Message Count:
    i don't really understand the point of the rally...other than seeing the country...i guess you could speed the whole time, but what fun is getting a ticket or in an accident? i guess it would be fun to drive across country. i doubt my rolla would make it there and back
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Its a rally....to travel together as a group to certain destinations.....its wasnt a race.
  11. Offline

Laura New Member

Message Count:
    i personally think it would be cool to rally.. and hell yeah race.. whats the point of rally if you aren't driving your moddified car like it is meant to drive, you don't upgrade your suspension to do 60mph ... you don't put on strut bars if you aren't gonna drive your car so hard you have flex..... modding is meant for racing, and rally should be a race.

I didn't see the show you guys are talking about , but to expereince it for yourself has got to be quite a thrill... I know Steve , is trying to get a partner to do a rally pretty soon in up north Cali., I think someone already agreed to go with him as a navigator.

But 5K seems like alot to enter a rally, Maybe not since it is advertised on TV, it would give your car and your driving style alot of exposure. ANd It would definately help you get more sponsors if they knew you were going to be on tv.. not only tv , but mtv, prime time? And who cares what the girls look like, hell, what do you expect barbie to be driving in a rally? her stillettos might break ;)

my rolla has been from Cali to Texas and back, twice, I drove from DFW and stopped in Amarillo stayed the night and then drove straight to cali, took about 11 hours... and it was FUN !!!! the whole time... got a couple tickets.. no big deal, belive it or not one of the tickets i got was for my moddified exhaust, not even spedding. kinda funny
  12. Offline

ucyiwork Guest

Message Count:
    Hell I was gonna post on this but yeah I agree they whined tooooooo much! The guy with the RSX crying about how screwed up his car was was a joke. Hell, if it wasn't for the chicks going balls out, it would have just been a group cross country trip. And hell, if you wanna do that, save the 3 grand and just get a big group together, get a group rate on rooms, and go. No need to pay someone else to put their crappy stickers on your car and drive cross country.

I would be interested in a smaller version of this if anyone was up for it. You know, a meet you on the way type deal for VVTI or something. People comming from the east to go west like to vegas or something. We would have predesignated meeting points to add to the group and have a kick ass party in Vegas or something. What do you guys think? MAke it in the spring or something so that everyone has time to save and schedule off. A time when everyone is off like new years or spring break.
  13. Offline

ucyiwork Guest

Message Count:
    Guess not......
  14. Offline

XS PSI New Member

Message Count:
    I saw it...it sucked. Thought it was gonna be like cannon ball run type of stuff but it wasn't. What's the website where u can get more info about this event?
  15. Offline

Jibran New Member

Message Count:
    it was helllla gay..... MTV is gay!
  16. Offline

projectsikrolla Guest

Message Count:
    I thought it sucked also.. I thought it would be like the mischeif dvd's like balls out going 200 mph crazy shit....lol