1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine TRD Supercharger on 04?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by 1337Rolla, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    TRD Supercharger on 04?

I really don't want my car to end up in the same predicament that hooolala is dealing with. Do you think if I replaced the ECU with the 03 model the problem would be solved?
  2. Offline

CowboyBebop Guest

Message Count:
    i don't think it's that easy, but then again I could be wrong. I know the unichip can fix this problem and remap the ecu.
  3. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    all i can tell you is wait...

i'm going to replace my 04 ecu to an 03 ecu.... i'll tell you how it goes before you do anything..

btw.... i have a good news and bad news...

bad news first.. i just found out that THERE IS NO AFTERMARKET CAT-CONVERTER FOR OUR CAR..... DAMN.. i had to try to use magnaflow cat for other cars.. and i don't think i can pass the smog check (good thing i found a shop can put it in for me)... so if you kill your cat-converter.. you are out of luck.....

good news... i'm going to carry 03 corolla Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhuast system on my vpower..
  4. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    no.. UNICHIP DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM....... actully.. it creat more problems..... like.. killing my cat-converter
  5. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Ok, I'll wait and see what happens. Where are you getting the 03 ECU? and the price?
  6. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
  7. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    sick haha a supercharger for 04. hey david go look for an ECU at www.car-part.com if u still wanna change ure ECU...or u can juss sell htat supercharger and buy an 04 supercharger haha
  8. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol~~
    thats where i'm getting my ECU... i think i can get it from Concord Junk yard place for like $80