1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

"TRD" Racing seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Killercocopuff, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Offline

Killercocopuff New Member

Message Count:
    "TRD" Racing seats

Hey i was wondering if anyone had these seats
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=33701
    They look nice there probably generic Celica seats with TRD stitch on them
    Will it fit an 03 rolla? it says "Universal fit" but that kinda scares me cuz i dont want to have to go thourgh the trouble of welding celica seats to my car if these bolt right up.

So yeah some input would be great
  2. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    you have to get custom brackets. my friend with a mr2 got those seats, costed him like an extra 200 bucks to install it.
  3. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    nice looking seats, if you can custom fabricate a bracket, would look nice
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    where would i go to get custom brackets?
  5. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    custom make it..
  6. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    just find a good seating position and bolt that shit down. f*ck the sliders.
  7. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    you wouldn't have to weld celica seats into your car...
  8. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    I just bought a pair of those seats a couple days ago, I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm replacing my APC racing seats with them, I just don't find them comfortable. You will have to make your own brackets but its really not that hard, I did it before on the APC seats.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    yes please tell me how it goes
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    What would i have to go about doing then?
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    create your own brackets.

so the mounting points are different...here's what the boyfriend and i are doing. he's getting some lightweight thick aluminum, bending it to the right length and height, and we're using THAT as a bracket. it's easier and cheaper - and easier to swap out - than welding the durn things in.
  12. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    I would NOT trust my life to something I rig up myself. My brackets were cut and significantly rewelded before I let anyone sit in there. To me, its not worth saving a few bucks vesus the chance of getting into an accident and something really bad happening
  13. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    I know some people dont want to do this but if you cut your stock brackets off your stock seats you can take two cross pieces and bolt the racing seats directly ontop of that, no welding required. I wouldnt trust alluminum brackets if I got in an accident.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    i'd trust what my boyfriend is doing...he's got a degree to do this stuff.

it helps dating someone who's a machinest for his livelihood.
  15. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah well some of us are not mechanically retarded. I trust 8 big bolts and nuts to hold me to the floor. I hate letting people work on my car. Going to a shop they don't even care about your safety just getting money.
  16. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    wow, you guys are brave or reckless. I'm just saying IF anything ever did happen - god forbid - and someone got hurt bc the brackets didnt hold, i dont think i could live with myself. I guess people have different priorities
  17. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    I guess time will be the only way to tell. This has nothing to do with being mechanically retarded. If you know what you are doing, go for it. If you dont, pay someone to do it right. The person who originally asked obviously doesnt, since he asked the question.
  18. Offline

steve403 New Member

Message Count:
    well...Just a little info. Take it for what it is. I saw a news article on the TV some years back about some defective brackets for some ford vehicle on the seats. During any accident, the brackets didnt hold and the driver/ front passenger would actually be thrown back and resulted in a fatality. If car manufacturers who do this for a living can't even do it right, im pretty sure some aluminum custom brackets might not hold. Just my two cents and warning for all who are thinking about making their own brackets. Just be careful.
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    well yeah, ANYTHING can happen.

ooh..better not get up tomorrow, i could die!!

just a thought to be careful :)

yes, i'm overly sarcastic. shoot me.
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    where would i go to get brackets made?
  21. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    First, let's look back at the original question. This thread asked "where would i go to get custom brackets?" If the author knew how to weld, then would he have asked this question to begin with?

Second, PLEASE don't try to give me this KIDDO shit bc I am probably as old if not older than you. You or the author can do anything you want - it doesn't mean you should. If you can't weld, you shouldn't try to make brackets. If you can, fine. I gave my opinion, if you don't agree, tough. That's how I feel. I just hope you never get into an accident and have a failed bracket cause additional injury. Ask yourself how you would feel if this happened? Would you really say "oh, it can't be my fault bc I KNOW I built those brackets right!" Hell no! That's just one headache I will avoid at all costs.

If you are a master welder/fabricator with 20 years of experience, go do your thing. I am suggesting to those who aren't master welders to "splurge" a few dollars and not try to save a few dollars when doing this mod. You might as well NOT change your seats if you aren't willing to get it done right.

It's funny you resort to trying to make a point using my handle and getting personal. Can't stay on topic? That's okay though, you can't even phase me with your attempt to attack me.

You can try to make me out to be an ass on this board, and do whatever internet bulletin board bullshit you want. If you and your passengers are ever in an accident, I won't even say I told you so... you got bigger problems than just being an ass.

I'm also glad you think you are so smart. I hope to witness that intelligence you think you have someday. Maybe you could weld it onto your keyboard and show us?
  22. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    One more thing, the wedge brackets for the 03+ SUCK ASS! My head touches the roof.
  23. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Metal/Welding or Fabrication shop should all be able to do that for you...
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    how tall are you? i'm 5 '11 will i have that problem?
  25. Offline

Message Count:

o_O

it's not that we don't have the right priorities in mind, kiddo...some of us around here do actually know what we're doing, and would rather do it ourselves. don't make assumptions, and don't back up what you do/don't do with "oh, well, at least i value my passengers, unlike the rest of you"

then again, with a name like addicted2boost, how can you truly respect your passengers? if you're boosthappy, then you're likely speeding and putting them in danger anyway.

guess what. statements like that, specifically the one i just made as an example, even if only conjecture, make you out to be an ass :)

just some food for thought.

[/bitchrant]
  26. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  27. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hey now... i'm boost happy but i don't put my passengers at risk... *glares at you* hehe
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    lol

i'm just making a point. i was using that statement as an example...broad statements have no real use, aside from irking some folks.

besides...i know not ALL folks are stupid ;)
  29. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    I want to put them in my 03