1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

trd intake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downey180, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    trd intake

can someone help me out? the dealership near me wants $285 for the cai. whats the cheapest place to buy it on the web? im looking to be about $225 shipped.
  2. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    check out the web. i believe toyotaparts4U has it for 240 but i would check out other places RollaS got his from his dealer for around 220. i would call come other dealers and also check ebay.
  3. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    call you dealer and let them know that your buddy got it from his dealer for a price and most likely they will match it. I used that when RollaS had some quotes done!
  4. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    did it work, i'm gonna buy a CAI again and this time a buddy at the shop at ford's research/prototype lab is gonna hook me up with a custom cut so i can change it ti a RAI if needed. good to keep in touch with people from your old job, never know when you might need them.
  5. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    my friend works at the local mazda/toyota/scion dealership, but his stupid parts guy wont give him a quote w/employee discount w/o ordering the part, and wont order it without the money in house. is that the stupidest cycle of bullshit or what?

how can i give my friend the money if i dont know how much it is? dumbass parts guy.
  6. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    I got my TRD CAI for 205
  7. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    are you willing to ship one?

also my friend said that the matrix and corolla are two different part #'s. is there any truth to this? or is he confusing the matrix xrs with the xr/corolla?
  8. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    actually with trd all of them are the same it is a little bit of a different install on the xrs but still the same intake.
  9. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    I got my for 205 from Toyota Dealer in states. Or did u want to buy a used one?

The instruction said it will not fit corolla s, but it did fit perfectly. No problems at all.
  10. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    It will not fit perfectly on the S because of the foglights. I don't know how you got it to fit with no problems, the air filter will be a bit squished by the foglights.
  11. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    I just shifted the filter up a little, so it's sitting above the foglight. There's no big dent on the filter itself. Works fine for me.
  12. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    i dont know anyplace to get a used one, but i would take one if the price was reasonable.
  13. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    Is there a particular reason you want to go for the TRD instead of other brands?
    If you really want one, get a new one. 205 is reasonable for a TRD product. AEM AND INJEN are priced around 180 or so.
  14. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    i want to go with the trd, because i plan to go s/c someday, and i dont see the point of buying two cais. ive already bought one off of ebay for like
    $80 and the thing fit like shit. so i figure ill just buy the trd and be done with the cai. and if i can find one for $205, ill buy it, but everywhere i go its like $235-$285. thats why i was asking about shipping.
  15. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    PM me and I'll tell you where to get a brand new TRD cai for 205
  16. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
  17. Offline

Petro Guest

Message Count:
    I'll selling mine,I only used it for a couple of months. I used it with my sc but took it of for the winter and don't plan on putting it back on. I'd take around 150 shipped. e-mail me at trdrolla03@yahoo.com if interested, I don't check the board much anymore.
  18. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
    emailed.

also, i checked out your car on cardomain and it is hot!