1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine TRD ECU

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by rudwn4a69, May 9, 2004.

1. Offline

rudwn4a69 Guest

Message Count:
    TRD ECU

Anyone know where to find the TRD ECU? And how much? Also, if it's recommended any downfalls, performance gains, etc. THANKS!
  2. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    you can get it from toyota for about $900

but.. why do you need it?
  3. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    Would it even be any use without the supercharger?
  4. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    no it basically controls the 5th fuel injector
  5. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    It works in conjunction with the Stage 3 TRD Supercharger to compromise air/fuel ratio and boost control.
  6. Offline

dominator 04 Rolla 5spd.

Message Count:
  7. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I think it was Crovax who has the Greddy e-manage setup for his turbocharged Corolla. Greddy claims that it can reprogrammed anytime you add additional mods to the car, so that's good, and they are a reputable company too. I wouldn't worry about getting the TRD ECU, unless you have the TRD Supercharger. It's pretty much useless in other application as it is proprietary. It uses the Corolla's air'fuel map and spark timing to help regulate extra "power" produced by the supercharger.
  8. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    will this help much if i only have intake, header, and exhaust mod?
  9. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    Could the TRD S/C work with the Greddy E manage, instead of Using the TRD ECU or UNICHIP?
  10. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I'm going to contact TRD about those questions. First, if it will compensate for the added mods (headers, intake, etc.), and second, if an aftermarket computer will work with the supercharger.

I'm sure they'll say that those kind of work will automatically void warranty, but I'm curious if it will work or not. I'll have to post later once I find out. I remember someone (I forgot who it is) on this forum had an intake put on with the supercharger and didn't run that good. As far as headers, some people say that headers are beneficial with the supercharger. I wonder how the TRD ECU will react to mod?