1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Trailer Hitch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by acherny, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Offline

acherny Guest

Message Count:
    Trailer Hitch

Does anyone have a hitch on their 2003 Corolla??? I have a manual LE and would like to tow a watercraft. Does anyone have any experience with this issue (brands, styles, etc) ?? All help is much appreciated.
  2. Offline

kwikrnu Guest

Message Count:
    I just installed a hitch on my 2003 corolla. The brand is a Draw Tite. The part # is 24723. It bolted on quite simply with 4 bolts. It is no drill and doesn't look bad. I purchased the hitch for $83.88 and it included the 1 1/4th inch draw bar and pin and clip. The hitch is rated at 2000lb with a 200lb tongue weight. The total install time was 2 minutes.
  3. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    where did you buy it and can i mount a bike carrier on it?
  4. Offline

kwikrnu Guest

Message Count:
    I bought it from myself. I don't know if you can get a bike carrier for it. I would guess so. The hitch only has the 1 1/4 inch square so you would maybe have to get an adapter to go from 2 inch down to 1 1/4th inch.
    I only neede a four flat wire kit so I used a Hoppy universal kit part # 46155 for $18.38. I ran the wire through an existing rubber gromet at the bottom of the spare tire well.

pictures

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]