1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Toyota vista engine and fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by rainbow_star, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Since it's "ZZV50 with VVT-i written on the engine and the the other is 2.0L SV50", I'm pretty sure it's 1.8L 1ZZ-FE and 2.0L 3S-GE. (IF it is 2.0L 1AZ, it will be AZV50, not SV50.)
    In this case, 3S-GE is wayyyyyy better than 1ZZ-FE in preformance (200hp+ vs 125hp).
    But if you're looking for fuel consumption, of coz the 1.8L ZZV50 is better.
  2. Offline

ywajihi Guest

Message Count:
    Toyota vista engine and fuel consumption

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buynh a Toyota Vista ardeo (wagon) '99. I have two options available to me, one is a 1.8L ZZV50 with VVT-i written on the engine and the the other is 2.0L SV50 which has D-4 written on the engine. PLease tell me which engine is better and which of the two would give me better performance in driving and in fuel consumption.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Yusuf
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    performance wise, i think the 2.0L engine which is a 1AZ-FSE (D-4) give you better performance. has a bit of a torquier feel to it. I'm not sure about the 1.8L engine but as far as i know with toyota engines, i'm guessing that would be the 1zz-fe engine. unless there was another 1.8 during that time with vvti. I really like the 1zzfe in terms of fuel consumption. and i'm sure a lot of people on this forum would agree as well. but depending on how the car was taken care of, it could have great gas milage still or really poor.. with that engine.

My 2 cents - i would go with the 2L 1AZ .. you could always swap the engine out to a 2AZ (2.4L camry engine) and get better power and still keep the fuel economy of a 1AZ. As much as i like the 1ZZ, I kinda wish I had more power sometimes.. I keep wanting the 2ZZ or 3S so yeah..
  4. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
  5. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    So then maybe it's just 3S-FE no vvti.
    Since the 5S-FE (2.2L) has only 140hp or so, I think the 3S-FE (2.0L) has only around 130hp. In this case,then I think the 1ZZ-FE is better since there is not much performance difference between this 2 engines and 1ZZ-FE has better fuel consumption.