1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Toyota sub box

Discussion in 'Interior' started by daPyr0x, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    Toyota sub box

I saw (on corollatoys.com, image link here) a picture of the 'Toyota' dealer-installed subwoofer; and though I don't really like the sub itself, I definitely like the placement and the enclosure that they use. I think having one or two of those (one on either side), to fill those 'wings' on either side of the trunk would be perfect.

Can anybody offer me any suggestions on how putting together a box for that (that'd look good, and stay in place there); as well as any reasons why I shouldn't go for that?
  2. Offline

2005Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    The factory toyota box I assume uses either a 8" or 10" woofer...this is probably also a low end woofer which does not require a lot of airspace...by installing these boxes and buying other woofers to fit into the box...you might run into problems with not enough airspace for the particular sub you wish to use...however...an alternative, is having a fiberglass box built...any local car audio shop can do it...fiberglass boxes can be small with a lot of airspace because they can be molded...however it is rather pricey.......
  3. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    that was, basically, my idea. mold my own fibreglass enclosure and fit my own sub into it.... it would - from the looks of that picture - be larger than the one in the picture...

I don't plan on buying the toyota crap sub.....eugh.
  4. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    My sub box is tucked into the side flush like that and is made of mdf. For sale if interested - $200 + shipping