1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Torque specs for wheels

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by 604racing, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    Torque specs for wheels

I just got 18" wheels for a few months. I will be bringing my car for service this week. If they need to do tire rotation, does anyone know the correct torque specs for aftermarket wheels? I also have wheel locks and tuner lugs on so they have to use a torque wrench to loosen/tighten them.

I remember when I got them mounted, I asked the tech there and he said he torqued them to something like 29 or 27lbs , but I forgot.

Please help me out here with the numbers.

Does anyone also have anything to remind me or watch out about handing the car over to the dealership for service? Some of the techs there beat up your car, bring it for a drive, or doesn't take good care of it. I hate when that happens, I feel so pissed when I think about it. Thanks.
  2. Offline

1ZZ-ROLLA-S Guest

Message Count:
    29 pounds seems very low. Factory spec, even with alloy wheels, is 76 ft. lbs.
  3. Offline

nikeair11 Guest

Message Count:
    I torqued my Enkei wheels yesterday to 83 lb/ft.
  4. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    i think those 27 and 29 were for the top of the strut (ie..when putting on strut bar)
  5. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    76 FT LBS is the correct setting...