1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Tire Size CE vs. S/LE

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by cool_beans00, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Tire Size CE vs. S/LE

Yes this topic has been beaten to death.... But I couldn't find anything about this question.

Are the gear ratios the same on the CE compared to the S/LE?
    The reason I ask is because the CE tires are smaller 185/65/15 compared to the S/LE 195/65/15.

I'm curious because I'm getting new tires for my Corolla S and i'm thinking of going 205/60/15. Which will put the over diamter size right in between the CE and the S/LE diamters. I don't want to screw up the driving.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    As far as I know, the final drive ratio is 2.96 on the CE, S and LE. Chances are all of the gear ratios are the same.

The only difference between the CE and S/LE due to difference in tire size is the instrument cluster. That's where the the pulses generated by the vehicle speed sensor are converted to a speed value. The white gauges are designed for the larger 195/65/15 and the black gauges are designed for 185/65/15.

You won't screw up the driving putting 205/60/15s on and you will get slightly more acceleration at the expense putting more miles on your odometer than you're actually driving and reducing your top speed by about 1.5 mph.