1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

tints?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by italiancorolla, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Offline

italiancorolla Authorized Stinger Dealer

Message Count:
    hey there, I got my tinting done the darkest possible from TOYOTA them selves. They offer a life time warranty as long as you still own the car. I door does some crazy stuff when ever the window goes up and down, nvr noticed it though until you said something. If the tint place messed up, i would go ahead and get it done right, never know what bad could come of it later on.
  2. Offline

windawg Guest

Message Count:
    tints?

Umm i`m not sure where to put this post.. in interior or exterior? but anyways.. i just got my tints done they are 20%s ya... But my window shows where the tints stops and you see the clear window..only way i can make the window look like its completly covered is when i hold the window in place and one of my buds closes the window.... so i go back to the tint place and ask them could they do it any closer... they said that my 2 front windows are lose that the tracking is lose whatever that means.. Soo i said ok... and i went to the toyota dealership and told the guy my problem which the window needs to be tighten up... then he told me that if they find out that the tints place screwed it up then they will charge me 80 dollars... i dunno what to do.... anyways if anyone here that has tints.. does your window go up funny...
  3. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    So the tint stops at the top of the window and you can see untinted glass? Well, yeah your tracking could need to be adjusted. I would think your window should roll up all the way, being such a new vehicle, but who knows.

The tint usually stops about 1/8" away from the edge of the glass. If its like 1/4" or more I would consider going back to the tint place... By the way, if you can move your window up 1/8" or so by hand, after it's been rolled up. That is normal, there is going to be a little play in the window. Also, if you haven't had any trouble with your window rolling up, I would be suspicious of the tint place.
    They are the ones who install it and make it look the way it's supposed to. Wouldn't they have seen the gap? I would have looked for gaps in the tint if I did a job.

Well you already did something.. I would have asked a few other tint installers...

statik