1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Tigger hits kid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Tigger hits kid?

http://www.local6.com/news/10685989/detail.html (With Video)

Looks like someone is making a mountain out of an ant hill.......looks like he was losing his balance backwards, and its hardly a "hard hit"

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Home video of a costumed Tigger character apparently punching a boy in the face and knocking him back at a Walt Disney World theme park has prompted an Orange County Sheriff's investigation into the incident and led to the suspension of the cast member, according to a Local 6 News report.

The Monaco family of New Hampshire said they were visiting a Disney theme park and posing for a photo with Tigger when the character landed a hard punch.

"You don't come here for this," father Jerry Monaco said. "Disney is supposed to be a safe place. It is supposed to be a place where you come and spend time with your family. How hard did he hit you, (son)?"

"Pretty hard," Jerry Monaco Jr. replied. "I could still feel it even though he was wearing the padded gloves."

Monaco said he noticed the alleged attack was unprovoked after looking at the video.

"At first I was upset at my son," Monaco Sr. said. "I thought he did something to Tigger. But then I review it and it is pretty clear, for no reason he just clocked him in the face."

Monaco said he did not provoke the attack and just had his arm around the costumed character when the incident happened.

"No provoking at all," Monaco said. "It was just out of the blue."

Disney officials called the family, the report said.

"I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that we have spoken to the cast member in question and have reacted very strongly toward him," a man who identified himself as Jean Erik Redrupp, general manager of Park Operations at Disney-MGM Studios, said in a phone recording.

"The general manager apologized to me," Monaco Sr. said. "Everybody will come up and apologize to me but Tigger. He won't be a man about it and get out of the costume and come out and apologize to my son. I didn't want VIP treatment. I didn't want an extra day at Disney. I didn't want any of that. I wanted him to apologize and that is the one thing that they won't do."

"It is clear the two made physical contact," Local 6's Samantha Knapp said. "An investigation into who did what is under way."

Disney as well as the Orange County Sheriff's Office launched investigations into the incident Saturday.

The cast member, Michael J. Fedelem, was suspended by Disney pending the investigation, according to an AP report.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
  2. Offline

1perrion New Member

Message Count:
    that video is hilarious. If i was the kid, i'd either hit the tiger or let it slide, he's gonna get a lot of stuff from this from his classmates.
  3. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    the dad looks like a fake....I mean you can tell he's just trying to get some money or something out of this..
  4. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heh no kidding...
  5. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    that's bull...it kinda looked like the kid pulled tigger..
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    watching the video on the news, i thought the kid was trying something behind tiggers back. i think the kid did something to tigger in which tigger had to react to. you can see tigger lock up the kids arm as to stop something.
  7. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    yup..that's what it looks like.
  8. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    he ain't a kid, he looks like a punk teen
  9. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Haha that was quite funny. That kid is gonna get soo much shit in school now lol.
  10. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Yeah i hope the pussy gets his ass beat. The "punch" didn't look like one at all.

SO LAME. That little shit did something.
  11. Offline

D Matrix Member

Message Count:
    Those Disney Characters are no joke. I was once jumped by 4 of the 7 dwarfs. :eek:
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    "This writer spoke with Deputy Finlay (361) who responded to the incident earlier in the day she advised the tigger performer advised he had lost sight of his spotter during the photo shoot. He felt someone come up on his right side. The person then put their arm over Tiggers shoulder pulling his costume back and knocking him off balance. The head portion of the costume pulled back making it hard for him to breath so he left the area to get the costume adjusted"
  13. Offline

Fgca_rolla milky cocopuffs

Message Count:
    My friend is a hxc drug addict and hates kids and she was Miney Mouse for a summer....they have amazing screening processes.
  14. Offline

7MGTTEConcept MK3 #2? maybe..

Message Count:
    tigger - 1, kid - 0

kid got pwned by tigger....and the father does look like he's after some money...
  15. Offline

unladylike00 New Member

Message Count:
    that kid most definetly did somethin to tigger.
    i cant stop laughin though .. i think its madd funny
  16. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    i finally saw the vid and you can see the head of the costume seperate from the body just a bit. still funny. all this for an apology from tigger. lol. at least he's persistant about it..lol.