1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Throttle & Cruise Cables After TRD CAI Install

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by PanChiFan, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Offline

PanChiFan Guest

Message Count:
    Throttle & Cruise Cables After TRD CAI Install

Hi folks. I recently got and installed a TRD CAI. Seems to run fine and sounds great. Previous to the install, my throttle and cruise control cables ran parallel and were clipped to the stock airbox. Having removed that, they are just free and stick up more than I think they ought to. I didn't consider it a problem till I tried to use the cruise control ( an aftermarket Rostra Ultracruise II) tonight. Upon engaging, there was an audible 'servo' type noise. I believe this is stemming from the cruise cable being at an angle different than before, and is having to strain just a bit to engage. Once engaged, it behaves normally, but the noise makes me a bit nervous.
    Has anyone out there improvised a new clip or method of retaining the throttle and/or cruise cables? Also, after the install, I had not used a small TRD supplied screw type hose clamp (would fit the smaller hoses involved with the install.) I reused the factory clamps where applicable, and nowhere in the instructions (that I can see) does is call for the use of this clamp, nor does it seem to be in the parts list.... I don't want to be SOL because of PLO... Anyone else have a mysterious extra clamp?
    Thanks for any input, ideas, etc
    --a
  2. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    mine are ran like this i dont have any prob the throtle does stick up more but i havent noticed anything weird from it

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    how come your cable looks so different from mine? does it help with the engine idle or something?
  4. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    if your talking about the silver things theyre just slip covers if you talking about how there ran then thats the way the were when i got it i think, i might of moved the second cable coming out of it w/o knowing when i installed the CAI but i dont really know, the one going to the actual throtle is they way it was when i bought it though