1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Think a supra TT is fast...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kickarse, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ahhh yes...the Ultima...powered by a Chevy big block.

nice choice.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
  4. Offline

capntoo New Member

Message Count:
    kickarse, if I win the Lotto tonight....it's yours!
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    ....just buy the kit and build it yourself.
  6. Offline

babysupra03 Guest

Message Count:
    i dont like the looks of it. I don't know i would rather a GT2 or something. the front end is just ugly in my opinions.
  7. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    that would be my weekend car
  8. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    I still want the Supra over it. Remember that white Supra in the video? 8.86 1/4 and that is 9.90 1/4 so its faster than this... ok its not but w/e Im not into race cars.
  9. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    this guy says it runs Drag Racing: 9.90 sec 1/4 mile at 160mph....their r faster Supras than that w/ less mods and alot less money spent. he has poured in over $300,000 for this shit 2 get it the way it is. Thatz pathetic. With a Supra...u can prolly spend like @least less than 1/6 of that cost...roughly $50,000 or so and get that kinda time. Supra anyday over that bullshit....what a waste of time and money.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    like i said, not worth the price he's got listed. whatsoever.

just check out the site and see what i mean.
  11. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    hey laura lets build out own kit car!!
  12. Offline

97PrizmLsi Guest

Message Count:

News flash....9 seconds isn't fast for a bracket racer. I have seen naturally aspirated dart block powered mustangs hit 7s at the track. But anyways, that car is way out of the supra's league. Top speed of at least 250 mph...Let's see a Supra do that. The 2JZ is puny compared to that Big block. You would totally have to rip it apart to make a motor comparable, but then why would you want to if you knew a 8, 10, or even 12 cylinder motor was availiable? It's a pure racing engine, as compared to a motor that is availiable in a stock car. Supra is second rate, don't even try to compare it to that beautiful piece of machinery. Don't get me wrong, I am a Supra fan, but when you try to compare a Supra to a true super car it's just funny.
  13. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    theres more to driving than 0-60 and 1/4 times :rolleyes:
  14. Offline

97PrizmLsi Guest

Message Count:

I didn't even realize it was a small block...330 cubes. But that motor was in no way ever avaliable in any stock car. It is a Dart block, which is a pure performance motor. Imagine TRD made a motor just for racing, it would be equivalent to that.
  15. Offline

97PrizmLsi Guest

Message Count:
    The main difference between a Supra and that car is that that car can use it's horsepower, like a lamborghini (mid-ship motor, bulletproof transmission, aerodynamic body made out of lightweight composite, body made to accomodate VERY fat tires) on the track. I doubt a Supra pushing 50 lbs of boost would be very pleasant to take through the twisties. Like I said, it's a super car. I am not even going to try to argue anymore. It's like comparing a Supra to an Enzo or a Mclaren F1.

EDIT: Yah, for the record I think it looks a little funky too guys, I prefer the Supra's exterior styling, just not the performance.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    ...that motor has been available in stock cars. it's a chevy big block...just look at classic chevys for availability.
  17. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    i read about a supra doin 249 mph a couple yearz ago and we r comparing the ultima and the supra w/ the engines they have...not a 10 or 12 cyl motor...and itz not a news flash....the 9 sec was the ultima here....i've said i've seen faster supras...i never specified times....and u dont think they ripped that 330 apart? they bored it out...have new racing valve heads, cam and valvetrain components all done very highly...it is not a stock block my friend...and like falnfenix said they r available in stock cars, itz a common motor bro. And the 2JZ can be a pure racing motor as well.
  18. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    If 332k has been invested in this car.....buying it for 150k wouldnt be a bad investement.

A standard kit of this car would be no comparison to the one listed.
  19. Offline

dragonitti Guest

Message Count:

My thoughts exactly. Sure, The HKS Skyline GTR hit 7's on the 1/4. And street legal Supra's have hit 9's. But if you stuck this Ultima on a track against a Supra, I'm putting my money on the Ultima. Also, a little side note: The guy didn't mention what boost he was set at when he put down that 1/4 time. Stated 600 to 1300bhp adjustable boost.
  20. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    It should do very well on the track with the boost turned to the right setting. Too much and it would oversteer and spin its tires mad, and also going to a higher speed means more braking. Its essentially a track car. I would like it to go up against my fave car the sr3 turbo, though. On the straights it would annihalate it but you can't beat 2 g's for lateral acceleration on a skidpad with a road legal (european) car for 60 grand.
  21. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    I am guessing around 750bhp for races since he said thats all he did for his times races...
  22. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Still no comparison with a Toyota Supra TT. I will take a Supra TT over this car even if they paid me to take this car over the Supra TT.
  23. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    regardless of speed, it has one very odd front bumper/headlight set up, i don't think i like it...
  24. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    man leave it to a toyota forum to blow anything american outta the water....

just to remind you all... toyota is as american as dodge and the likes... toyota started cars over here back in the 40's...
  25. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    if i was to go hardcore, id get the ultima in a second...... but i want a streetable car and not a tourist attraction..... a nine second supra is as daily drivable as an SVT mustang..... not to mention you can also roadrace in a supra, and on top of that its one of the best looking cars EVAR

my friend jason has a low 11 second supra that is very soon going deep into the tens, that he also road races AND drifts...... so with the supra its not necessarily a purpose built car (drag or roadracing)
  26. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    that would own a supra in almost every way imaginable.... except looks. I personally think it's ugly. Could have a car almost that fast that looks a lot better for less than this guy probably wants.

toyota's been here a while, but I kinda doubt they were here in the 40s, considering we were at war with Japan from 1941-1945 and Japan was being rebuilt the rest of that decade.
  27. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    First Toyota arrived over here in 1957.
  28. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    that sounds more like it
  29. Offline

Message Count:
  30. Offline

1.8greyghost Guest

Message Count:
    Ok guys. Let's not get the supra debate going. LOL, Here's what we got, a 1300 hp v8 race car, Supra? a 30-40k street car. Now which would kill hands down? depends, You going to let me spend as much on the supra as that car? LOL. Ok the owner of Suprastore.com has a 1000hp Supra that he drives to work Every day. Reliable as the day it came off the showroom floor. As for track duty the supra can be equipt just as well, and as for drag. LOL, 9's is a laughable #. That 330 has been pulled apart and built as far as it can, and is ONLY managing 1300 hp. A supra fully built and tuned for race could run 1000 on a Large single turbo, and still have LARGE shot of nitrous to go. That is before custom parts. Wanna see what I mean, copy and paste this

http://suprastore.com/19trdwi95hks.html

This is without Nitrous.

Cody