1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine The Real Stafford Fabrications Information

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by imported_2001rolla, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    The Real Stafford Fabrications Information

you can contact Mike at staffordfabrication@yahoo.com
    or give him a call at 661-816-5444

He is working on getting all the parts together for the updated fuel management system so the kit does not run so rich at higher RPMs.

-Jeff
  2. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I defintly want to get this turbo kit I just dont know if im gonna have to rebuild the engine incluiding cams, pistons, rods to support the boost. I really dont want to mess up my engine but that amount of horsepower is definitly worth it. What kind of instal time would it take a shop to install the full kit
  3. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Just thought I would share with you guys some information that I have gained the last few days. The turbo kits are available and are shipping at this very moment. Mike has been working on the new fuel system and has the rich problem solved. Mike has a web site but it is still under construction and only hosts some pictures and his contact information. The site can be seen here at: http://www.newcelica.org/banner/stafford/index2.htm

Here are a couple shots of the completed turbo system.

http://www.matrixowners.com/images/IM000070.JPG

http://www.matrixowners.com/images/IM000071.JPG

So far Dyno pulls have shown 216.9HP at 6.5 psi for the low end and 233.5 at 8.5 psi for the high.

I will post dyno charts below for all to enjoy
  4. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    This one was taken in third gear at the low boost setting

[IMG]

This one again in third gear but at the high boost setting

[IMG]
  5. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
  6. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    3600 with a buy it now price of 4000? :shock:

That's not mike there for sure... you can get the kit directly from him for 3200 or 3700 installed...
  7. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    well its also in texas and i just think someone got a hand on this and wants to make some money. i know it is the kit mike made cause you can see the pics and they are the same he posted too. o well. someone will get a good amount of power with this kit even if they pay 4K its still worth it cause they will be one of the first to have it on a 03 or 04 corolla.
  8. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I know you 03 guys don't really care about this but I had to spread my excitement anyway.

I spoke to Mike today and the car is going in second week of November to get the turbo prototyped for the 98-02 Corollas. I'd have given him my car today if he asked me to but he is going away for a couple weeks and then has SEMA to take care of then he can start work on the turbo kit.

talking to him today, he sounds confident the kit will double my Torque and more than double the HP to the wheels....

For those of you who do not know me. MY name is Jeff and I am a member of Team SC3. I drive a 2001 Corolla J (Used to be an S model but now it's of my own hence the "J") I've been following the developments of the turbo since the very first day. In the beginning I had hoped my car would be one of the first boosted but the Celica and Matrix guys have a larger gathering of people who want boost in their cars so us lowly rolla guys just had to sit and wait till the day came. Ofcourse the many, many emails and posts requesting the turbo for the 98-02 rollas didn't hurt... I frequent a lot of cruise nights in and around Fullerton, CA and attend shows from time to time but have not competed as my car is not really meant for show. After January though, that may change. ;)

I can't wait :D
  9. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    holy shit..... these are nice tq figures for a fwd car :shock:
  10. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    the car should be done by the end of this week...*crosses finger*

dyno results should be posted pretty soon after that...

so stay tune...
  11. Offline

trdmonkieboi Guest

Message Count:

what's mike's reputation like? is this a big and reputable company? or what is it?
    im just curious since you seem to know him well
    thanks man
  12. Offline

trdmonkieboi Guest

Message Count:
    who bought

has anyone bought this kit yet?

will it work with an A/T Tranny

do you need to change any engine parts ?

can the stock tranny handle it?

waht kind of fuel management system is he using?

man there is so many posts, i got confused, i jsut want to get it straight.
  13. Offline

Mr SEntra Guest

Message Count:
    A lot of your questions go unanswered because a lot of us don't know all the specifics as well. :?
  14. Offline

imported_2001rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Re: who bought

I doubt anyone on this board has bought the kit... I would know if anyone bought a kit for the rolla... seems only peeps buying the kits are Matrix and Celica peeps.

It will work great with the auto tranny. As a matter of fact, Mike has an auto in his shop waiting to be picked up by the owner at this very moment.

if you have an auto.. the question should not be the motor... the question should be "do I need to change anything with the tranny?" The tranny will need to have a cooler installed and possibly a better torque converter to help put more power down. You will toast your tranny looooooooooong before you hurt the motor.

Answered above...

Mike is using a rising rate fuel system that includes a custom made FMU and an additional fuel pump to help increase the fuel pressure under boost. The kits are going to be coming with CNC Fuel Rails as well so a return line can be added if the user so chooses.

*** Pictures and Dyno Charts will be posted soon ***
  15. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    here ya go....

a turboed 02 corolla :twisted:

http://www.racingsolution.com/sfturbo.htm

oh... and it will be hard reachin him these couple of days...

but u can try... 661-816-5444

thats his cell phone...
  16. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    Here you go guys... just a few pictures of the before and after... and some other mics. pics.

ill add some movies and dyno sheets soon... within a week prob (for the dyno).

ill also take some more pictures and upload them later on tonight.

and ill also write up a review of the kit.

btw, thanks travis for setting me up with a file server.

http://sean2sean.dynamic-driving.com/

oh and if you have any questions, give mike a call... he is pretty free now... so he will either pick up the phone or leave a message and he will get back to u asap.

*edit*

well i have been driving the car for a few days now... overall its pretty good... spools at around 2k... and you get to hear the whirling sound for a bit... and it takes off at around 3k rpm... at certain gears, it picks up faster, on certain gears it doesnt pick up as fast... but STILL FAST enough...

and like i said... i regained all my low end tq., if not more... my car is so much quieter now... i cannot believe it... its almost like stock... i would of like a better bov, but the bov included with the kit produces a nice psshh sound.
  17. Offline

Mr SEntra Guest

Message Count:
    Some pics that are on the link, for your viewing pleasure. :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
  19. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    topic 5133&highlight=

---

This is performed on a Celica GT from (C7Performance.com)

Event: Turbo Installation @ BM Audio by Mike Stafford (Stafford Fabrications)
    Date: Monday, February 9th 2004
    Time: 9am - Completion (Probably late at night)
    Snacks: BOYB (joking)

Sponsors: Nextmod, Stafford Fabrications, BM Audio Power Inc.

How to get there?
    Mapquest: Directions

Address: 515 Milner Ave Unit 10. Scarborough Ontario. It is north of Markham and 401 on Markham Rd.

Remember, Unit 10!

---

What is being done?
    Engine
    1. SF Turbo (fmic, turbo, exhaust manifold, piping, black box)
    2. Boost gauge
    3. Blitz Exhaust (bolt-on)

Interior
    1. Apexi turbo timer
    2. Boost gauge mount
    3. DVD install (glovebox)
    4. LCD screen mount and wiring
    5. Remove dye overspray (nail polish remover)
    6. Carpet rear hatch
    7. Mount amp
    8. Cut metal mounting posts in hatch
    9. Hook up sub and amp
    10. Re-apply brake pedal cover

Exterior
    1. Install kit (need double sided tape and self tapping screws)
    2. Mount rims (missing 1 lug nut)
    3. Remove rear wing
    4. Apply stickers (need to get Shinzo to make them)

Suspension
    1. Install AGX shocks
    2. Install Progress springs

Misc.
    1. Wash mats (salt)
    2. Touch-up interior (dye)

---

Entrance Fee?
    None! It's a drop by, check it out thing as Mike Stafford has flown down to Toronto to install a new turbo for the 1ZZ engine.

But everyone here is welcome to join and check it out, along with that, check out BM Audio! Drop by anytime that day as the shop will be opened till the job is completed!
  20. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    Also he will be bringing about 3 of these kits over, and are going for 3000 cdn!

:) thats less than 2500$ us :p

So I heard.
  21. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
  22. Offline

vinnieb0i Guest

Message Count:
    I was wondering, are turbo corollas street legal??
  23. Offline

Mr SEntra Guest

Message Count:
    Where do you live? A lot of places not only test emissions, but you also have to pass a visual inspection. So, short answer is no. :)
  24. Offline

damora Guest

Message Count:
    yes...$3300

it will only take me 2 months before i can buy the turbo kit...hopefully they are still selling it.
  25. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    so what are the chances of me here in cleveland ohio getting my hands on that kit for my 03' rolla? id like to diy it but id need some help with the tuning and setup after install.
  26. Offline

Tin_Man_0 Guest

Message Count:
    will it pass emissions in cali?

I Noticed that the staford fab turbo kit is made here in my home town... does anyone local know if a turbo'd rolla will pass CA emisions? 'cus I REALY REALY want that kit, but my rolla is my only car, and I use it for work. If a turbo'd rolla won't pass... does anyone know if a supercharged rolla will?
  27. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    The turbo by Stafford will not pass SMOG and not CARB approved. The TRD Supercharger will pass everything, and fully warranted on your Toyota Corolla if you have them install it. Can't beat that deal. Get much better performance and all legal too. :D
  28. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    You wont get better performance, but you 100% right on the warranty thing :) For me... my 99 corolla has no more warranty... so I didn't care at all about that
  29. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    i e-mailed stafford a couple of days ago asking some info on the turbo kit and they havent gotten back to me... does it always take a while or should i try again?
  30. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    um.......i wouldnt even bother w/ stafford fabrications. The last guy who ordered from them was missing a bunch of parts in his kit and can't get a hold of stafford. They ignore phone calls and don't respond to messages. Unless they get their act together I'd look elsewhere cuz you'll be waiting FOREVER to get this thing done.