1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

The Epic fail that was my accident.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeebsTundra, May 13, 2011.

1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    So... here's the condensed version of the last two months.

March 9th, 2011. Headed to work, getting off the highway, merging into traffic about 28 miles an hour, hit a bridge, instantly lost control. Driver front into a semi -- driver rear into the same semi -- passenger front into a guard rail.

Allstate says, "Take it wherever you want." Started doing some research around the body shops in my area. Took it to a place with great reviews on Google, no complaints on file from the BBB. Elite Auto Body in Broomfield, Colorado.

The day I dropped it off, "I'll have it done for you in 2 weeks."

Excuse. (Week 2)
    Excuse. (Week 3)
    Lie. (Week 4)
    Lie. (Week 5)
    Excuse. (Week 6)
    Lie. (Week 7)
    Lie. (Week 8)

63 days later my truck was returned. The cab is a little darker than the rest of the body. (Hard to notice if you haven't been staring at the truck for 8 years), all my emblems were on wrong, and crooked. One of my headlights was replaced, but not the other. One of my fog lights was replaced, but not the other. I have mis-matched bulbs in all lights, one of the tail lights didn't work (I already ripped stock lights out, and put some 2005 Black Housing LED in), one of the fog lights doesn't work, I'm missing a the little cover to my fuse panel under the dash. He lost one of the screws to my rear license plate holder, and jammed a screw that is way to big in there, fucking up all the threads. He failed to replace a wheel stud, and then lost the associated lugnut. Insurance called for a 4 wheel alignment, he did front only.

Took it to Mountain States Toyota, had them do a full inspection on the vehicle, fix the alignment, install a headlight (Thanks Certifit for a $40 housing!), replace the wheel stud, and do an oil change, since it basically sat for 2 months.

The only things left to do, is put my clear front corners back on, get the bulbs all back to Silverstars, reinstall the bullbar, adjust the front bumper and fix the fender lining... and then debadge the entire truck. The emblems are wrong, and the are crooked, so... off they come. I may put 2007 Tundra emblems on the doors... we will see. But when all of this is done, pics will be provided. New tail lights are beautiful, as are the brand new 17" Black Rock Viper 900B rims.

It has just been a total disaster. Let this be a lesson for all of you, just because it seems ok on the BBB and google or yelp or whatever reviews, sometimes, ya still get screwed. :(
  2. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    what they did to you is real screwed up man! Warn everybody about going there
  3. Offline

EliteRolla Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    93 Rolla, 96 4Runner
    Wow that does suck should have came to the Elite Automotive Finishes in az would have been handled the right way
  4. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Seems like you cant trust anyone now a days, even places that have excellent reviews.
  5. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    thats 100 percent true
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Digging thru the truck the other day, I found out he stole my comforter I kept in there as a blanket, my 7 to 5 pin trailer electrical adaptor and my trailer hitch. ...it's confusing why he didn't steal my hitch d-ring, but... I guess he needed to tow stuff and felt my shit was better than buying it himself. I turned in copies of about $1000 in parts. If he doesn't want to pay, off to court we go.
  7. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Damn you always hear about things like that happening on tv but never in person lol
  8. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Some Dateline NBC shit
  9. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    It's been a nightmare for sure. I don't think I'd have lasted that long without actually murdering someone. All the same, I'd already have a court case filed for not only my parts, but the extra cost of the rental vehicle due to his bullshit as well as time spent having to follow up constantly. It's ridiculous.
  10. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Add in emotional distress.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Good old Pain and Suffering.
  12. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    It's like an episode of People's Court.
  13. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    i know how you feel..sounds like when i first crashed my 8th gen.
    "oh it be ready in 3 weeks"...took almost 2 half months /=
    hood way to high, didnt fix or replace the driver fender, paint did not match, crappy job..
  14. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Solution: stop crashing. Since I got my license I've never been involved in more than a minor fender bender of which mostly iv been rear ended.
  15. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    LOL
    I've never been in an accident, which apparently is very rare for a new driver (licensed anyway, been driving for a long time) who is a male and in his early 20s. Also living in California, people here drive so stupid.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    I've only been in one other accident since I got my license. That was when an illegal with no drivers license ran a red arrow, then I t-boned him at 40mph as I was going thru a green light. That was the end of that car lol.
  17. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    what happened with the illegal? deported?
    MacktasticSlick likes this.
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    As is typical around the US. ...nothing happened. No citation was issued to him, he kept his job, and he's still living here. Insurance hosed us on the payoff too. We owed $15k, they only gave us $12k.