1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine TB Neads help

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by TCS-Mike, May 11, 2004.

1. Offline

TCS-Mike Guest

Message Count:
    TB Neads help

HELP !!!!...... Anyone???........ I got a 2001 Type S, But the thing is doing something that gets me worried. If I (Rev) the engine by pushing the gas fast it hesitates for a quick second. When I got the AC on it dont do that. I can hear the TB air going in, Sounds like a cat with a chicken bone stuck in it's neck. I want to be able to punch it and get a quick responce. Whats going on?. My only mod so far is a muffler replacement. Straight pipe. I'm thinking it may be cuz I have a have removed my muffler and put a straight pipe. But I took off the hose to the TB and reved it, Same S H I T !!.........
  2. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    What are your RPM's at when the AC is on and when its off?

Is the car in gear or in park/neutral when you are doing this?
  3. Offline

TCS-Mike Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the quick reply, My RPM's when the AC off Is 900RPM and with it on it is 1000 or so. I am in neutral when i rev it. When I rev it it sounds like uuuuvroooom... NOT Vroooom, Vroooom.
  4. Offline

TCS-Mike Guest

Message Count:
    Another note of interest, I increased my RPM a little and it still does it. Another thing, When my car is idle (900RPMS) I can hear my valves knocking, Sounds like a diesle. I am using Chevron 92 and Mobile 1 full synthetic oil.
  5. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Do you actually feel your engine knocking?
  6. Offline

TCS-Mike Guest

Message Count:
    I dont feel it but can hear it.......
  7. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Weird. I remember I was experiencing engine knock and I would feel it nasty. Not to mention that when I would accelerate it would knock but the knock would go away when I would get higher in the RPM's. Turns out that my spark plugs were bad. Dunno if this helps.
  8. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    mine did the same thing with the tapping, it only did it around 3000 rpm, ive heard it twice, both engine are no longer in the car, bent rod happened, as for the knocking, sometimes you can hear you injectors, they have a slights clicking sound
  9. Offline

random_precision Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, I hear that injector click all the time...outside the car or with the windows down. The "uuuuuuuu....." in your "uuuuuuuuuvrooommmm" is just the response time of the engine. If you rev the engine from idle it will nearly always have some uuuuuuuuu... in the sound. Unless it is really long and drawn out, then it'd be something else (rich mix or whatever).