1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Sway bar problem

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Liquidgsr, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Offline

Liquidgsr Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sway bar problem

I bought the 18 or 19mm white line sway bar, I don't remember which one it was. I was putting it on yesterday and had a lot of trouble getting it to fit. Once I got the bar through and installed the bushings I ran into a big problem with the endlinks. I bought adjustable endlinks, but the bolts end up hitting the body, and also the coil over itself. I was wondering, do I have to run endlinks and also what endlinks are you all using. I had to cut off the stock ones when i took the stock suspension off and put in my full coilovers.
  2. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    If you don't have endlinks, you don't have a sway bar. So yes, you have to run endlinks. Maybe you should just used the stock endlinks.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah I think I might have to go to the dealer and get a set of stock end links and bolts.
  4. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    what adjustable endlinks did u buy?
  5. Offline

Message Count:
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    arn't those too short?
  7. Offline

FolkenStrategos Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You have one troublesome corolla there buddy.
  8. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    get falcon endlinks...they were 100 for the set in the rear but they are a nice solid design.

[IMG]
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah it is a VERY troublesome corolla. Yeah im not going to spend 100 on my endlinks for my corolla. Rather just put that money aside for my next car. No the endlinks are adjustable so they are not too short. Since I can adjust the preload on my suspension I can move the mounting location up or down to make it fit...ony problem is that the gay design makes it sit too close to the body or the shock. Guess I will have to find some short bolts to fit.

So yesterday I thought I would look at the sway while the car is on the ground....through my wheels. I noticed that we were looking at the saw the wrong way. The suspension wasnt loaded so it was on the wrong side of the shock tower. Upside down. I realized I forgot that it needed to installed that way last time I put a sway bar in one of my cars. So it should work out. I just want to lower the car some more.