1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Suspension Questions

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by DjiNN, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Offline

DjiNN New Member

Message Count:
    Suspension Questions

First of all, the reason I'm starting this thread because my driver side is sagging forward. I personally think my suspension is shot since its stock and has ~100K miles on them. When I turn right(putting the weight to the left) my side dips down but when I turn left(putting the weight to the right) it seems more stable.

My question is would Tokico blues be a better choice or KYB's? Also while I'm changing out the struts I might as well change out the springs. I looked at shox.com and they offer H&R springs with the Tokico Blues. How are H&R springs compared to Tein H techs or even Vogtland springs? I don't want a low drop because I usually have passengers inside my vehicle. I live in New York, so there is a lot of potholes and bumps. What would be good that able to give me and my passengers a comfortable ride?
  2. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    This topic has been cover several times.
    http://trdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32446&highlight=struts
    please do a search the next time you have questions.

Anyway, to kinda answer your question, you don't really need to replace your springs. The springs will usually last a lot longer and very rarely will they go bad compared to struts. Between the two strut brands, I like tokico but only if you keep OEM springs (because the struts will lower your car about an inch). if you go aftermarket springs, more people have had better luck with KYB. Anyway good luck and definietly replace those struts!