1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Subwoofer Brands

Discussion in 'Interior' started by CaptainCorolla, May 28, 2004.

1. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Eclipse is excellent, the best in my opinion. If you are on more of a budget, go with Pioneer (which I did). Quality and price go on a sliding scale, the more you spend, the better it gets. Find an eclipse auth retailer and you can't go wrong. I'd guarantee you that they have the best products, service and install.
  2. Offline

ki11asteve Guest

Message Count:
    Subwoofer Brands

which should i get for a good combo of spl and sq.
    im thining about getting 2 12's infinity kappa or the perfects, but im also thinking about getting 2 12's audiobahn flame q's or the alumq12's.

help me chooosseeeeeee
  3. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    I would personally get the Audiobahn's. I don't think subs really have anything to do with sound quality. They might have some, SQ really is your tweeters and mid-ranges.
  4. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    i'm gettnig a 13.5" JL W7 w/ the required JL box thatz custom made for it 2day and pushing it will be a 1000/1 W RMS Rockford Fosgate Power Amp, plus I got 4 - 4-way Pioneer 6 1/2" (220 w max/50 w rms) for the inside powered by a 4 channel Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp, 2 Rockford Fosgate Power Digital Power Capz and the Alpine IVA-D300 as the head unit/touch screen dvd player...I am getting the ride back 2night around 5 or 6pm CA time, I will let u know how it soundz.

But from your choices which will both be good for your bass and not your sq, I would prefer the audiobahnz, just cuz I've seen what they can do, heard good thingz bout the infinity's but havent seen in person yet. But the Infinity perfectz r supposed 2 be some good shit, but I'm just a pioneer (for highz), JL (for subz) and RF for power type of guy. Those brandz just suit my needz 4 the past 5 yearz of so.
  5. Offline

JaJae Guest

Message Count:
    Out of your four choices listed I'd go with the Audiobahn Alum Qs for bang for the buck performance. If you want to go Infinity the perfects are worth the extra cash if you're willing to spend it.
  6. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    the perfects have very good sound quality...

even though i didnt set up my system as a LOUD setup... its more for quality... the bass is tight and precise...

ive compared my sub to some of my friends subs, alpine R (x2), those sq. subs (x2) - cant think of the name rite now, etc...

yes their setup is loud... but the bass... it seems to be everywhere... hard to explain... not my taste...type...

just go and check out the speaker specs.. and ull know wut im sayin... the perfects that i have are the old ones... not the new ones... so i dont know how those sound.. .
  7. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Eclipse are great...and if you can get an MBQuart setup from last year's model year or before, those sound badass too. avoid anything from this year, however...they merged with RF and sound like poop.