1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Still waiting on my SF turbo kit

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by System Error, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I ordered gloss black pipes. They should look bad ass with my dark red car. You didn't happen to see any of those laying around did you? You don't have any other number's for stafford beside's 661.816.5444 do you? Oh and, is this an actual legit shop? Or a couple guys working out of a home garage?
  2. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, except I'm not gonna go postal over it... :D
  3. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    on some of the other boards i go to they have topics about reporting them to the better business buearu
  4. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    like what boards?
  5. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    They're legit bro... They're a smaller company, but these are their first big projects for turbo kits as far as mass distribution.

They hired 2 more guys, which Sean and I met last weekend... So they're getting caught up with all of the orders they got... They bought some new equipment to help speed things up as well... Stafford mentioned that they contracted an outside shop to do all of their installations now, because that ties them up for an entire day.

But like Sean said, call up Richard... he can get a hold of Mike on the nextel since its fairly difficult to get ahold of him.
  6. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    good, they makes me feel better. Glad you guys have actually been there. I just wish I could get a hold of them.
  7. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/s...97&highlight=sf

check that out. i am pretty sure that is what you want
  8. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    Still waiting on my SF turbo kit

Well it's been about 5 months since I ordered and paid in full for my SF turbo kit. (Feb 6th, 2003). And I still don't have it. I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to get a hold of Stafford, but they won't answer the phone and won't answer my e-mails. I've left several messages, they've called me back twice, but haven't left messages like I've asked them too. I call them at least 10 times a day 5 days a week, and they won't answer their phone. They told my 2 weeks ago that they had a tracking number for me, but they could give it to me cause they were having computer problems and that was the last I heard form them. It was suppoesed to take 4-8 weeks. They kept telling my after the 4 weeks every week that it was gonna be ready the next week, now it's 5 months later and I've lost all contact with them and they have my $3500. This really sucks. I sure hope they come through for me. Also they closed they're website down, so now I can't talk to the other customers to see what their status is. I beyond pissed. I've been one of the most patient ones. I don't want my money back, I just want my turbo kit, and alc/inj kit.
  9. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    lol... this brings back memories...

hey what color pipes did you order? blue or what? i think last week i saw a kit and they told me it was for the corolla... they actually have two kits waiting to be shipped out... i think it was missing a part or two... just waiting for it to arrive...

call them early in the morning... like 9-11am... and you should be able to get a hold of em...

or call richard at... 661-213-7801 he is "SF's spoke person"? something like that...

he knows how to get a hold of him via nextel...
  10. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    and yes... their computer went down... got hacked or something... or was it a virus? and they even lost my info... tsk tsk...
  11. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Absolutely... I couldn't agree with you more. Stafford is a really nice guy, however I think he got himself overwhelmed with orders and doesn't have a good method of keeping his customer's updated.

I talked to him about that last weekend.... told him I have a solution to solve that.. Its what I use for my business.. The tracking system that the customer's can log into via the web and see the status of the orders while I process it.

Even a simple email does the trick for my customers.
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Sounds familiar......Duwayne did the exact same thing, but on a much higher level. Im sure the stafford guys will come through, since they came through with rolla2001 and his turbo, before he sold it.
  13. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I should have one of you guys run over to SF, tell them I sent you over there to pick up my kit for me, take the $100 I paid for shipping, then send it to me........lol
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Even if they are legit..customer service goes a long way.
  15. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    don't these "companies" know ANYTHING about customer service??
  16. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    ha!....they know nothing about customer service. When you do get a hold of them, they make you feel like you're bothering them. Like " sorry, didn't mean to call about the stuff I've been waiting half a year for, call you in 2005" WTF! There's one guy there I talked to though he was REAL cool and helpful though. I didn't get his name, but whoever usually answers the phone is so quick to hang up. It's not like they're busy getting everyone's kits done. Let me stop bashing them, cause if they send me an awesome kit, I'll be the first to get on here and gloat to everyone about it. But if not.... :mad:
  17. Offline

Pantaloon007 Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I'm happier every day I havent bought that kit, much more neg. than pos. feedback on it. I think I'll just get the tC...
  18. Offline

Rascal Guest

Message Count:
    I think they weren't quite ready to open a website so soon. At least, all the negatives I've read are problems with customer services and not with there products. I'd rather wait a little longer for the quality. But I agree completely that an occassional email update would be nice.
  19. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
  20. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    well.. i have pics of the shop somewhere... ill have to find it... wait.. i even took mini movies of it...

yes its legit... i remember back then when i didnt see my car for 2 months... haha...

dont worry... ur kit is in there... i remember seeing some blue, red and pretty sure black ones... cuz i asked mike jr.. and he told me that theres two rolla kits in there...

max is one of the new guy... and some other guy... i dont remember his name... but... the shop looks cleaner then before... but still busy.
  21. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    Believe me I will!!!!! :D
  22. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
  23. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Im sorry but if I didn't have it, I would have sued by now (though this is coming from somebody that just wasted 700 dollars).
  24. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I'mgoing to TRY to install it myself, even though, I hav NO idea what I'm doing. I mean, routing the pipes should be easy, but I'm a little skeptical on installing the fuel system. But o-well I'm gonna do it. I just hope it comes with directions.
  25. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Even i would install it myself. The only thing thats tricky is drilling a hole for the oil line....better find a friend to do that.
  26. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    There's a few of us around here who are more than willing to help ya over the phone with some stuff... let us know.
  27. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Man I wouldn't be so damn patient lol, I would've called my attorney to take matters in the case but eh hopfeully you'll get it homie just hang in there.........even though 5 months seem quite a long time for a turbo to ship in and more if it's nationally :mad:
  28. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
  29. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    you bet........ I still haven't ran it since I put in the clutch/flywheel/shortshifter. It's been so long since I've ran my car at the track.
  30. Offline

SynfulRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Good luck with everything matt, I hope you get your kit soon. You'll definatly have to come up around this way and show me your rolla when its all turbod!! :)