1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Springs and Struts. . .

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Darkness, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Offline

Darkness Guest

Message Count:
    Springs and Struts. . .

Which springs should I get?

TEIN H springs (Does the car even look lowered if I Get these? I also the springs are soft.)

TEIN S Springs (I don't know if this will be too low for me. I want something Low but not too low. and I was wondering how tight the spring are)

Eibach prokit (I don't know anyone that has these. Any Comments about them would be appreciated)

and what about struts?

Kyb or Tokico ? I heard Tokico was too rough for everyday Driving. But then again I heard Kyb Struts tend to sag. . . Help me out guys :D

Thanks alot everyone :)
  2. Offline

Hospodar Guest

Message Count:
    The Tokicos aren't too rough for me, but it can get tiresome sometimes....
  3. Offline

JDM COROLLA S New Member

Message Count:
    Eibach Springs

4. Offline

Darkness Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    Tein H tech and Tokico---end of story
  6. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Anyone have photo for TEIN H with stock strut on 98-02 rolla?
    I want to know how it looks like coz I want to get one. :)
  7. Offline

soren Guest

Message Count:
    im also considering springs ('04 S)

anyone know how the TEIN S run with stock struts?? bouncy ride???
  8. Offline

alby13 New Member

Message Count:
    if your struts wear it will be a bouncy ride.
  9. Offline

gotriceproductions Guest

Message Count:
    eibach prokit! they are the best springs u can get with out getting aftermarket shocks! u can still use your stock struts, and it will be the smoothest ride u can get... no joke... ill sell a set for 120.00 they retail for about 270 i think.. i havent checked.
  10. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    I love my Tokico struts. Lifetime warranty, too...

Intrax/Tokico -- the front is a little higher than the back..but other than that, I'm happy. :D
  11. Offline

vishal Guest

Message Count:
    ***BUMP***

can anybody provide a link where the tokico struts are offered? or any other struts from different manufacturers..i am having a hard time finding good sites that offer aftermarket parts.
  12. Offline

curlupanddie420 Guest

Message Count:
    struts?

Hey I don't know if you trust ebay but I order off of there all the time and don't get any problems. Look at their feedback and if they're a power seller that's a plus. So yea I'm about to get coilovers and struts. They sell them on there. The tokico's and the kyb's. I'm planning on getting tokico's struts with the skunk 2 coilovers for my 02 prizm. I can't wait.
  13. Offline

phal99 New Member

Message Count:
    H and R

i used H and R springs the ride is very good but doesn't look that low if you use stock rims but with 17's looks just right
  14. Offline

DrNinjaman Guest

Message Count:
    Tokico HP's and Tein H. Tech's

My Prizm rides smooth as stock but much, much quicker. I also have the Hotchkis sways, I highly recommend them. The H. tech's won't lower it too much, it won't look obviously lowered, but just enough to look tough (IMO). On the plus side, you won't have to worry about bottoming out, poor alignment, or scraping the undercarriage.

As far as sites for shopping go, I've used

Nopi Online: http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore...FTOKEN=30594417
    and
    Sport Compact Only: http://www.sportcompactonly.com/
    though SCO is a bit pushier with trying to get you to buy extra stuff.
  15. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    Teins have to be oneof the worst springs out there. Theyjust do a very good job in marketing so everyone knows the name, if you know the name, that becomes your first choice. I would just keep the springs stock if you wanted sometime that will last more than 3 years. <br />
    <br />
    struts and shocks, go with Tokico. the HP ones.. in the blue color. I got a set for $300 on ebay free ship. those are nice. some people say its rough??? its luxury to me compared to sports and race tuned suspension. plus its dramatically reduced my understeer on my car compared to stock and even kyb suspension. <br />
    <br />
    Now if you must consider replacing both strut/shock and spring, just spend an extra 2-300 more and buy some adjustable coilovers. my all time fav and what i believe is to be the best coilovers are by a company named SWIFT. they have a patented technology with their springs that surpasses most springs outhere. I dont know if they have any for the corolla but its worth taking a look at..
  16. Offline

corolla performance New Member

Message Count:
    How about, tokico hp (blue ones) with a skunk2 cilover set?
  17. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:

Have you ever owned or driven a car with Tein springs? Your "worst springs" claim is ridiculous.
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    i've owned tein yes.. but yeah i guess that comment is exaggerating too much. i guess its more personal hatered.. i've owned a set H, and one started to go bad on me so i replaced that one and then another went bad.. well first the front left. next the rear left.. so then i got it exchaged for some S but then i was rear ended and my car went bai bai.. i think even with the S though after having it for 8 month, the rear was weakening a bit .. that is why i really dont like tein. they have a cool color, cool mascot, great tein models but the springs i'd rather not touch anymore..
  19. Offline

midnightrolla Guest

Message Count:
    well i got tociko blues with ground control coil overs. i liek mines pretty stiff since there a lot of speed bumps from where i live. also i dnt want 2 b bouncing liek crazy on small bumps and rox. good clean ride. better then most suspension out there. well thats just my two cents.
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    I've only tried tociko and KYB's and between the two, I liked tociko's better. I used stock springs because i kinda ran out of money at the time but to me the ride was really comfortable.
  21. Offline

crulejaypee New Member

Message Count:
    I'm planning to redo my suspension system over. I have Tokico blue and coilover. I hate the ride. It does not handle the rough roads at all. Dr Tweak recommanded Eibach springs and Koni &quot;yellow&quot; adjustable strut cartridges. I drive Highway and City roads. Is this the best street/performance combo for my car?