1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

spending limit 2,000 for wheels,tires,ssupension

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by corolla_man_j, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Offline

corolla_man_j Guest

Message Count:
    You are going to have more than enough, I would say if you want all of that, then go ahead and get your rims from a " discount " rim wholesaler ie :
    www.rim1.com
    www.whalentire.com
    www.wheelmax.com
    wheel max has by far the best deals I have ever seen. They have packages that range from 499 with free shipping, to 24" with tires for 5500.then go to www.racingsolution.com and I would think that he has evrything that you are going to need there. Maybe the money you have left over you can do intake, and exhaust, and some other engine things, or maybe a stereo system
  2. Offline

lilbeastie18 Guest

Message Count:
    spending limit 2,000 for wheels,tires,ssupension

First of all, im a newbie, so try not to make fun of me too much. lol. I do have injen intake and thats it. Ive heard of tein suspension and i definately want to get that, but i dont know what kind. Let alone what kinda wheels (ONLY GUNMETAL) and tires to get, remeber limit for everything is 2K cash. My plans to drop my 04' type S 2 1/2 inches and have 18" shoes.
  3. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    $2000 is more than enough, depends on wut quality wheels you want really, i've seen 18's for $700 before and i've seen them for well over $5000. if you get springs $130 struts $320 install $100, you'll have enough for some decent wheels and tires
  4. Offline

lilbeastie18 Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for those rims sites corolla man, im subcribed to so many mags and i've never heard of those websites, thanks. Im looking at coil over rims now. mostly th TEIN SS, cause ive seen them on that one guys car from Hawaii in here and thats well worth the money and wait to saving. So I guess im looking for some 6 or 7 spoke gunmetal rims, such as racing hart, ADR, R1 racing. I wanted to get these rims called IKONS, but I dont think their good quality cause they're only 950 for 18's and I dont want to spend that much if the rims gonna bend after a couple months
  5. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    look for lighter rims for performance. check out volks if you have the cash or centerline.com for their deals. I've been eyeballing some 17x7 which weight 13-14lbs a piece. I need to call them though cus they have the wheels on sale at $179-$188 per wheel.
  6. Offline

corolla_man_j Guest

Message Count:

Rims are rims.....even the best rims can get bent, it all depends on how you drive them. All the rims have to pass DOT standards, or they can not be sold; plain and simple. Just because they don't say volk on the side doesn't mean that they are going to be a crappy rim. I have had two different sets of rims, and I could not be happier. The reason you don't see those sites in mags is because they want you to buy the expensive ones; and plus, why spend the extra money on advertising if you are rim1.com when word of mouth works just as well.
  7. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    it doesn't always have to be expensive to be good quality.
  8. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    my rims r ikons (17x7) and i've had them for over a year and a half and they have held up great in good ol bumpy and shitty roads/freeways (esp. 91 and 57) of Cali, but i'm lookin 2 get rid of them cuz i want a change
  9. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
  10. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    just cause it says volk on the side doesn't mean it's undestructable..same with rotas, just cause it says rotas doesn't mean it'll bend at the slightest touch..rims are rims, but then weight and quality come in factor..if it was daily driver, i'd get some rota rims, cheap, around the 500ish area, get some good tires, and that's only about 800 right there..still got 1200 to play around for suspension, tein S tech, 120 on ebay, some tokico blues from racingsolution.com for 300, swaybars from racingsolution, TRD strut bar, and you're set
  11. Offline

lilbeastie18 Guest

Message Count:
    thanks for ur input guys, and hey rolla rider u said u always ride the 91 and 57, do u got to cal poly or something? just wondering, yeah im probably juse gonna go APE SHIT on my car and get the Tein SS's, and i want to save up for some 5zigens, but I haven't saved up for them yet.
  12. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    if you go over to matrixowners.com they've got a group buy going for the tien ss. i think it's at $1050 including shipping
  13. Offline

slowrolla New Member

Message Count:
    weight and quality. Rims are not just rims like an OBX suspension is not like a Tein suspension. Why don't you get some Racing harts or the TRD corolla rims they are cheap but good quality. Personally I don't like fake stuff. I get real, custom or not at all. :cool:
  14. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    Rims are not just rims. The quality of your rims has to do with ride quality a lot. Manufacturers do not make rims hoping that it will not get bent on a pothole, they make it for many other reasons. I mean if you think a forged wheel is the same as a cast aluminum, then you should be shopping for wheels at sears or something. If you want good quality, stick with the big companies like Work, Rays, HRE, etc. If you want cheap wheels, you mind as well just go for those $499 packages you see on wheelmax, theres no point in getting something in between for like $1000, cuz that is just overpriced wheels.
  15. Offline

Prodigy Guest

Message Count:
    Rims are not all the same i have had over 15 sets of different rims from car to car..some rims do bend easier then others..some are lighter and some cant take more then others......i had my 3k racing harts on my supra bend before i had my cheaper 5zigen bend on my dsm....could it be the fact they are 3pc yes ur right...could it be the fact that a 1pc wheel may hold up a little better..hmmm yes ur right again...price is not always the factor for a rim...but i have had some cheaper brand wheels and had them screw up like the cheaper wheels from wheelmax...