1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

spark Plug on the Tundra

Discussion in 'Truck & SUV' started by YamahaTundraV8, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:
    spark Plug on the Tundra

Tundra owner's,

Just wanted everybody to be aware not to use Platinum spark Plug's on the Tundra My service ad visor noted he has seen problems associated with these plug's on the Tundra. I'm glad I went to the dealership that day I changed my plugs on the Tundra a week ago and noted Problems from the "Check engine light" and figured it was because of the Plugs so I cleared out the system and bingo it comes back on 3 days later. I take it into the dealership and mentioned the plug changes and was asked what type of plugs I used? I informed them i used Bosch Platinum and they informed me Never use Plat plug on this engine Period they might cause damages so I ordered new Toyota plugs and removed them that very day. After removing the plugs I drove the Tundra around a few hours to eat and noted the Light went out after which i called the dealership and told them My light went out and he explained to me I'm still getting new 02 sensors and that was not the problem. I'm con-fussed on what is taking place on the check engine Light but I have every reason to think My problems were on the Spark Plugs themselves ..
  2. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    are the stock plugs iridiums? that'd explain why to not use platinum

iridium > platinum > resistor
  3. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    The plugs on the rollas are iridium so I would assume they are the same for the tundras.

And Im confused. The dealer thinks your 02 sensors are bad now? There shouldnt be a problem if your CEL isnt on anymore. Wait a few more days and lets see what happens.
  4. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:

I think changing the plugs caused some problem and the code poped up so the dealership is replacing the 02 sensors which is also a knowen Tundra trait problem ...

For as plugs that may be the case with the Rollas but Tundra's are Not surp to have Plat PLug's at all..
  5. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Nah rollas have iridium plugs too.