1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Sparco Harness Installed!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by cool_beans00, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Sparco Harness Installed!

Took me about 4 hours to install but it's finally done. I got a three point Sparco harness yesterday. I'll post pics up asap =D
  2. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    You like it? Can you feel any difference in corners?
  3. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    loving it

Loving the harness. It keeps me in real tight, no more sliding around when i go around corners. here are the pics! I finally got them up:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    Well, can't say I like losing that passenger space in the back seat, but it looks good. And you definitely bolted it down properly. Too many people bolt their harnesses to the floor or to the rear seats. That's so dangerous. You got it right though. KUDOs on a pretty creative solution.
  5. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks KingKuei I took my time on the install 4+ hours. But i wanted to be careful about this. It's my life so I made sure it was secure. I'm happy I used all stock mounting points so I know i'm safe. =D

As for losing a passenger space... I actually didn't. I got the double buckle system. So if someone wanted to sit there, I can just unbuckle the back strap and just use the stock seatbelt. =D You can see the buckle in the third picture.

There's only one downside tho.... My "seatbelt" light on my dash keeps flashing =\ Anyone know how to bypass this?
  6. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    cool, man! about the blinking "no seatbelt" feature.. i dunno if its the same for the driver seat, but for the passenger, all you gotta do is lift your butt off the seat. try it for the hell of it..just to see if it works on the driver seat too. hahahah..jp

good job on the harness.... just takes a little getting used to huh?
  7. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    take off the bulb for the seatbelt thing in the console. iono if thats the same for 03/04 but i heard u can do that on 88-97
  8. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    hrm

Well when i was taking apart my seat, there are three wires that are connected the 'female' part of the buckle. I'm pretty sure that's what shuts off the light. I was hoping i can ground or short one of the wires.... or just go buy a buckle at a junkyard and stick it in there.