1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

silverstar lows on the car.

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by TheBeak, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    silverstar lows on the car.

silverstar lows went in tonight. At first (twilight) i was dissapointed, but as it got darker the difrence came through, I like them.

nice white light, maby a touch of blue.

figure I'll get another set for the fogs in a few weeks...
  2. Offline

champu26 Guest

Message Count:
    I went to their website to read more about their products. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 9006 ST model for our cars only have a life of 150 hours?

http://www.sylvaniaautocatalog.com/sylvania/pro_headlight.asp

I'm guessing its the 9006 ST model because thats the one that came up when I searched for our car. They range 200, 850 to 1500 hours.

Hm...I guess another good reason to dissable DRL.
  3. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    "About 1 year" was what the sylvania tech told me ... and that DRL would decrease it ... blows out earlier because it burns brighter ... higher performance so they say ... probably made it that way so we keep buying them .. but a year isn't too bad ... $30 / year .. sometimes less ...

let me know if the fogs help with seeing the road at night ... i thought the headlights would do the trick...but still need more light ... does anyone know how to adjust the headlights? i think mine are aimed too low ... especially the right side ...
  4. Offline

champu26 Guest

Message Count:
    Right behind the headlight there should be a medal knob. Turning it will adjust the headlight height.