1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine should've,would've,could've intake question

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by monstajp, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Offline

monstajp New Member

Message Count:
    should've,would've,could've intake question

:horse:eek:k guys ,im back again with some more questions. i know i should have gotten a different car to begin with but i am most likely gonna ride my corolla till the wheels fall off in 2025 so ....i want to get an intake for it.its a 2010 corolla s . do u guys think i would benefit from a CAI or a SRI????weapon r,K&n,injen,,AEM,or DC sport? i know k&n makes a short ram for my car.and i know dc sports got a good review in a comparison test and they make cai and short rams.has anyone used and been satisfied with any of these products or should i just stick with my k&n drop in filter?id perfer power in the low to mid rpms but id be happy with more horsepower anywhere i can get it.i dont want to trash my car,i dont care if it sounds fast i just want more power and torque.i dont mind spending money i just hate wasting it.you guys have been really helpful with my past threads,please let me know your "opinions" and whatever facts u might have.
    thanks again josh
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    My should've would've could've regret is experimenting in both RAI and CAI, settling with the CAI eventually, and then selling it and going with a drop in K&N filter. A RAI is not worth it. A CAI is more beneficial, but will make your car louder. I learned over time, close to stock is the best solution. The drop in is essentially a stock CAI. Just remove the resonator less restriction and more rumble if you wish. I wasted hundreds of dollars only to end up with a 50 dollar drop in that gives me similar gains as my previous CAI.
  3. Offline

monstajp New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks rollatuner. Will removing the resonator have any negative affects on my engine?
  4. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    drop in filter(k&n) is your best bet right now and if you got extra cash buy a catback exhaust w/either a hi flow cat that fit your car or universal that add alittle more hp&trq.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    No negative effects. It will actually improve airflow at the cost of some intake noise.
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    when did toyota come out with the "type" s model?
  7. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    98 i think :)
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    98-00 only went up to LE. 01-02 had a Corolla S. I've never heard of a Toyota type S before. :D
  9. Offline

monstajp New Member

Message Count:
    Sorry thats just "S". Not type s. I didnt mean to confuse anyone. I'll change it. Anyone a mechanic here?Rollatuner, do u have a manaflow resonator on your car?
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Yes. A magnaflow resonator here. They don't make them anymore. It's a discontinued part.
  11. Offline

monstajp New Member

Message Count:
    I saw your ride on import tuner roallatuner. That shits sweet. Did your resonator do anything for your car? And how do u feel about magnaflow exhausts?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    My car is on Import Tuner? That's news to me? You're kidding right? I'm being serious here. lol Then again, I've seen my car used in ads to sell parts without my permission. :( The resonator doesn't add performance. It only smooths out and quiets the exhaust tone and volume. Magnaflow exhausts are one of most cost effective non-restrictive you can get. It's a good choice.
  13. Offline

monstajp New Member

Message Count:
    Dude i think it might have been under readers rides on the website. How else would i know u have that resonator. Magnaflow seems pretty popular for corollas on kardomain. U know anyone who has a sebring exhaust?wish my car was faster:lame
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You can go with a Thermal R&D or Flowmaster exhaust as well. They're both the same concept and design as the Magnaflow. They're all straight through designs.