1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Shorty Antenna?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by 1ZZFE, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Offline

1ZZFE Guest

Message Count:
    Shorty Antenna?

Hello.

Does anyone out there know of a good aftermarket "Shorty" roof-top antenna for the '03 Corolla?
    I'm looking for something considerably shorter than stock,
    hopefully with similar effectiveness.

I've seen some for VW's (not short, but billet aluminum, etc.). Do those fit on our cars?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    :?: Why would you want a shorty antenna??? I think the antenna we have now is cute. does the shorty antenna get better waves?? :?:
  4. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but guys usually don't like "cute" things on their cars :D
  5. Offline

PSilva10 Guest

Message Count:
    What about performance Antennas :) I'm not all that happy with the radio reception I get from the stock antenna.
  6. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I like tha IS300 short antenna now thats nice :D
  7. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Why don't guys like cute stuff in thier car??? Is it b/c it makes them look gay or something???

so a shorter antenna get better radio receptions?? Wouldn't the longer the antenna the better they are??? B/c i get better receptions on my cell phone when the antenna is up. So isn't that the same concept???

Isn't the IS300 just a way nicer Corolla??? An over priced Corolla??
  8. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    the is300 is definitely not a corolla. a corolla is an economy sedan while the is300 is a sports sedan. Meaning a good amount of hp and rear wheel drive and stiff suspension. Not to mention it's a lexus meaning more luxurious and the styling is just amazing. My dad had one before he bought and X5 and it was worth every penny of the 34 grand he spent on it. is300=awesome
  9. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Im not sure u get better reception from a shorter antenna but tha shorty antenna looks much sportier :D

My bro had an IS300 and sold it to buy a Suburban on airbags :D
  10. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Either way a cheap car or expensive, thier styling gets old. It's like you spend soo much money, you don't want to trade it or sell it for so much less than what you bought the car for (that's how i would feel, but not all people think like me). One car that seems to stay expensive is the Honda cars. I saw this 1999 Civic LX for like 10 grand. For like 3 or 4 more thousands you can get a brand new one. Hondas seems to be expensive or not worth the price the dealers sell them for. Like you can get a 2001 FULLY loaded domestic car for like around $10,000.

Ok how does 4 wheel drive and rear wheel drive work?? I don't get it.

SSJ-Rolla You should've bought that IS300 from your brother, since you want one. Bet he would've given you a discount.
  11. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    At tha time He wuz living on tha east coast and it wuz hooked up so I couldnt afford it......and he used tha IS300 has trade-in too.
  12. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    If you are looking for shorty antennas and don't know where to get one, just go to an AUTO SHOW and steal one. :D someone told me that works really well. That way it's free and you get to pick out which one you want, but if you want, after you take it, you can slip like 20 bucks into thier glove box to make it seem like you bought it from them. :D

Wouldn't your brother have given you a brother discount?? My older sister was gonna offer me her car, before i got one. Well it was more like tricky me, then being nice. See if she had given me her car, that means my mom has to buy her a new car b/c she has to go to FL for college. so she was trying to trick me. But i didn't fall for it.
  13. Offline

1ZZFE Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I heard about the short antenna on some Lexus models. Do they fit on the '03 Corolla? Has anyone tried it?

I doubt a shorter antenna (if I can find one) will get better reception, so I'm not expecting any improvements in that area. Unless the Lexus ones are amplified some way, etc. . . .
  14. Offline

k21975 Guest

Message Count:
    A shorter ant. will not get better reception. You could add a powered ant. (check out the VW's with an ant that looks like a wire is wrapped around it) or buy a new head unit with a better FM Mono Sensitivity. Most likely a good head unit (Blaupunkt usually has good sensitivity) and a shorty ant. will still yield better reception then you have now.
  15. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yes tha IS300 short antenna will fit on tha 03 Corolla 8)
  16. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
  17. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Heretic!!!!

Just kidding dude, I bet its gonna look tight. Be sure to get pics.
  18. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    haha u know i will...hopefully ill get it by this weekend :D
  19. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Is that antenna gonna go there on the side of the car like that? or are you gonna switch the originial ones with the shorter one???
  20. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Also let us know if reception is any worse.
  21. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    snugglez...the antenna goes right where the stock one was...u just screw it in

and rick...ill let u know how the reception is...of course...i hardly ever listen to the radio anymore...just CDs with music from stuff i listened to when i was in middleschool and highschool...all the stuff thats out now is pure crap...may be its cuz i'm getting old :shock:
  22. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    STOP THE RICE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  23. Offline

akira2003 Guest

Message Count:
    antenna

has anyone removed their antenna? are there wires attached? or just a simple screw off? wmb anyone
  24. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    a simple unscrew of tha antenna and ur finished
  25. Offline

akira2003 Guest

Message Count:
    oh cool & easy. now i need to know where to order a shorty??? anyone have suggestions?
  26. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Art knows where to get the antenna at. He got his at CAR SHOWS!! Very very inexpensive.

I was at Sonic's the other day and i was pretty bored waiting for my food, so i got out of the car and started yanking at the antenna. It won't come off. I tried twisting left to right and vice versa, but that didn't work. so i gave up. Like i think the reception is the same with or without the antenna. I drove a Corolla without it and they both pretty much the same. If you want good reception, get one of those long redneck antennas (like the ones on thier trucks). I bet they can get reception from Europe. they are like 8 feet long.

How is removing an antenna and replacing it with a shorter one, RICE???
  27. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    hey angel! shhhhhhh!!!! :twisted: i didn't steal this one! i bought it from ebay! :D

btw...the short antenna would be rice cuz i'm putting a honda one on my toyota! :wink: :D
  28. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Never said u stole it. I just said u got it at show cars for very inexpensive. It could be that you went to a car show and found a dealer that sold them to u. SO ARE YOU ADMITTING THAT U STEAL AT CAR SHOWS???

So RICE=anything that is not made from the same company as your car??? I don't understand what the word RICE really means.
  29. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    hehe honestly angel...i'm sort of confused about the definition of rice myself :?

btw everyone...i got my antenna! :D and here r the pics hehe
    yes its a honda oem antenna, look at the package lol :lol:
    [IMG]

here's my antenna before...
    [IMG]

here's my antenna after...
    [IMG]

here it is at another angle
    [IMG]

honestly i haven't noticed any difference in radio reception it seems the same but like i said earlier i hardly listen to the radio as it is hehe
  30. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    No Honda OEM part is touching my car.........but it looks better than tha Toyota OEM 03 Corolla antenna......Nice Art 8)