1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Sealing the deal on a Silver Streak Mica Corolla XRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Sealing the deal on a Silver Streak Mica Corolla XRS

I will be entering final negotiations with two dealerships that I narrowed down to for a Silver Streak Corolla XRS. It will depend on which one gives me the best trade in value for my 04 Corolla S (sob! sob! I will miss my baby) since it has only 14K KM and looks like the way it was when I drove it off the lot 16 months ago. Also, it will depend on which dealership gives me the best numbers for the new 05 Corolla XRS. Right now the financing rates for the 05s is pretty low (between 4 and 5% in Canada) I plan to get 20% tint right when I drive it off the lot as well as my remote starter, security system and hood deflector transferred over to the new one. Wish me luck
  2. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    prepare to dump tons of money and roll a sh!tload of negative equity for trading a less than a year old car.
  3. Offline

babysupra03 Guest

Message Count:
    not a bad interest rate, i'm thinking about buying a 300ZX and the interest rate through my bank would be over 6%. Good luck on the sale.
  4. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    good luck just make sure that the deal works out in ur favor
  5. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    remote start on a 6 speed. trust me man u dont want that.
  6. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah how would that work?
  7. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    I don't think they're suppose to put remote starters on manual cars. Sometimes the cars end up moving if you left it in gear.
  8. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I have been working on it for about 2 months now and believe me my losses are minimal.

9. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Nooooo. It is an extremely handy thing during winters and when it snows. I can start it up from on apartment and let it run for 10 mins or so. Anyway, I will have to check with the tech people.

10. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Looks gorgeous. They are flying off the lot (they only get 3-4 per dealership because of the limited market). I put a hold on a Silver Streak one. Cannot wait to elevate myself with lift :-D
  11. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
  12. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    They'll do it if they want to be liable when you car goes flying down the street in gear! You can't just leave your car in neutral and with the parking brake on unless you don't want to find your car there the next morning. Anyway, no half decent shop will put a remote start on a manual transmission, if the do they are careless, and not a reputable shop.

**EDIT** So I guess there is one system that works on manuals, but it seems more troublesome than a convenience. A quick google search brought this up:

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Cont...anual_units.htm

This is their product line:

http://www.designtech-intl.com:8080...ml?id=19&step=2

X
  13. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Nonetheless, I was thinking from my friend's perspective who has a 1991 Accord with a 5 speed manual tranny. He has a remote starter, but probably Toyota will not do it for me. The sad part is that I paid big bucks last year when I got my 04 S for the whole security package. I am going to have to see what to do about it.
  14. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Common sense tells me that the remote starter is disabled automatically once you have it parked in gear. Although, I am not sure if mine is equipped to do that.
  15. Offline

VanCityRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Good choice Faisal. Just picked up my black XRS 3 weeks ago. You'll love it!!

Sad to let go of my 96 though :( I still have my Racing Harts I need to get rid of.

Here's a pic the day I took ownership

[IMG]
  16. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    depends on your definition of minimal. the moment you drove your 04 off the lot it depriciated, same thing will happen with a new one. that's money you'll never get back unless you keep the car long enough to make a difference. the picture is even bleaker if you financed your current car. but whatever, there are people that make a whole lot dumber deals than that.
  17. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Check out my other post. I actually have traded in my S for an XRS, but I will do the actual trade next weekend. I have wrote the details of the deal. Yes, a portion of what I paid in the first year could not be recovered so yes I will have to take a loss in that sense, but I did not have any negative equity stuff going on.