1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

sad street racing accident......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pnOy_rOlla, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Offline

pnOy_rOlla Guest

Message Count:
    sad street racing accident......

i was just flipping through channels and saw a segment on my local news...a 20 year old kid driving a civic and an 18 year old kid driving a pick-up truck were racing down a 45 mph avenue going 75 mph....long story short....they hit another car which i think was pulling out of a street (t-boning the car and both cars hit it)....the sad part was the guy who got hit was a father of a 10 year old kid, and they showed the kid by the sidewalk hearing the news that his dad didn't make it....

....now i admit i've done some racing before, and seeing that was pretty much what it took to make me stop from now on....i offer my prayers to the family.....what are your comments, i know we're hearing stories like these more frequently......

p.s. here's the link to the story....scroll down for the video clip........ http://www.phoenix360.com/#

JC
  2. Offline

mars Guest

Message Count:
    What i do is when someone wants to race i always carry around bussines cards with address and date where we can meet and race in legal and safe environment.
  3. Offline

js10coastr Guest

Message Count:
    there are times and places for racing...public roads are not the places to do it. Look up your local SCCA section and find out when their next event is. That's where the real racers do it.
  4. Offline

DaChozn Guest

Message Count:
    Some people just don't think on what could happen, to them is just the NOW and WHAT of whatever they want to do. Unfortunately these are getting to be more and more common.
  5. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Agreed. :wink:

If there isn't a local SCCA chapter, there are other grassroots racing programs like autocrossing. That way people can prove their stuff w/o killing anyone else.
  6. Offline

naks Guest

Message Count:
    Today in the news. At about 3:00 am, Hawaii time. 2 car were reportedly racing and 1 car crashed into a state truck putting cones on the Freeway. The other car then hit the car that had already crashed into the state truck, and the middle car got wedged under the truck. The truck caught on fire and so did the 2 other cars. 4 people died all together including an innocent worker doing his/her job. 2 other people were reportedly in critical condition. Updates are still coming in, but at the time it was suspected that racing was the cause of the accident. I'll try and keep you updated.
  7. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Ya I say go to a drag strip or a road where you know no one will be at. And Im not one for racing in the day, espically at 9:30 AM. The streets are kinda crowded at that time.
  8. Offline

koreanskater84 Guest

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Seems as though the two cars that were racing were Mitsubishi Eclipes..i think the freeway was closed for about 6 hours and alot of morning commuters were late for work..really sad i tell u..the ppl in the truck that died that got rear ended and didnt know wat was coming(there job was to put up cones for the zip lanes for morning commuters)..they were just doing their job u know..well my condolences to the families of those lost..
  9. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Ya these stories are pretty sad. They make me rethink the idea of racing.
  10. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    lets hear it for the 2 stupid mitsubishi owners one with a super street sticker on the back. fuckin ricers.
  11. Offline

pnOy_rOlla Guest

Message Count:
    i see you're from AZ to wingzero...you should come down here where i live (apache junction) and see all the ricers that "race" around the neighborhood...its annoying hearing their fart cans during the night...its funny to see them driving around like they're all that too...imagine a '88-89 civic with handpainted (i mean you can tell its handpainted) baby blue paint, with a fart can literally just hangin on the back right beside you and trying to challenge you to a race...even my wife sometimes would come home laughin and tellin me stories of more ricers she saw :lol: ....neway, sorry for the long post but some of this kids are gettin annoying and they think racing down a 25 mph neighborhood street is cool and the perfect spot to race :evil: ...even though it can't be stopped, but i really think they should really up the fines and penalties for street racing so they could learn...

JC
  12. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Respect the dumbass ricers.
  13. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    I own a 240sx you still want me to come down? lol . BTW i don't even know why i bought a corolla in the first place sure the insurance is cheaper then a supra .But you can get an N/A supra for 16k and a TT supra for 20k if you look hard enough.

Oh i know why. I like the corolla 8) i like the styling of it better honestly :wink: